Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
clicking sound on page turning button

Hi guys,

I just received my Nook wifi today. I got it fully charged and am now testing it out. I noticed that on the forward page turning button on the left side feels very weird. It made clicking sounds and sometimes I have to press it a couple of times to get it going. The other 3 buttons seem fine though and don't make the same clicking sound. It almost sounds like there's a gap or something underneath. Is this normal? Should I be concern about this at all? All in all though, the Nook is awesome. I love how responsive the screen is. I remembered when I was playing around with it in the store, it was lagging and page turning was slow. Now everything seems faster. Maybe that's the result of the 1.4 firmware?
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
The 1.4 firmware (actually, it might have been the 1.3 firmware) definitely sped up page turns. My nook upgraded from 1.2 --> 1.4 yesterday once I input my local WiFi info, so I'm not sure.

All of my buttons make a low clicking sound. If it wasn't for the touchscreen page turn, I wouldn't own a nook (clicking buttons distract nursing babies).

But if you are getting a delay in response from one button but not the others, you may have a broken or loose button. I would take it in.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
I should have put the title as more of a "popping" sound and not the "click" sounds. I mean all other buttons make "normal" clicking sound. This one however made popping sounds and I have to like I said press it a couple of times to turn the page.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote