Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Glo won't change timezone

I got my Glo last monday and I'm in love. One gripe though, I can't get the right timezone. It displays Greenwich, when I'm in -3 (Buenos Aires, Argentina). I have plugged it in to Kobo, to Calibre, synced it wirelessly, still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks! I have 2.8.0 firmware.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
Anamarc
Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Anamarc knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Hola!
Configuración>Fecha y hora>Mantienes pulsado "Zona horaria" y te aparecerá un cuadro de dialogo para introducir la ciudad más cercana.

Es cierto, acabo de checar y aunque le pongas Buenos Aires, sigue apareciendo UTC 0:00)
Lo siento, no sé cómo se arreglará

Last edited by Anamarc; 11-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Anamarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You could maybe use a different city in same time zone. Try one from this link. Only problem with this is day light savings time changes might be different. Might also have to set time now and then if it is not connected to wifi to get time sync.

http://24timezones.com/
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Did you first set the time manually under Settings, Date and Time? If I remember other posts, just relying on the Kobo to sync to the correct time won't work until you manually set it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Finally worked setting the time to Asuncion Paraguay... I don't think it'll change, we're on the same time zone. Thanks everyone!!!
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert