Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
MikeLC
Chapter/Indigo Employee
MikeLC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo iPhone, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch Ereader
Chapters/Indigo Offering 2 Free ebooks for new Wifi Kobo Users

Chapters/Indigo is currently offering a new promotion for new Wifi Kobo users. Purchase a Wifi Kobo and recieve The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre and Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood absolutely free. The promotion runs until December 24th 2010 so it's a great time to get some bestsellers to add to your Kobo library.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/

Last edited by MikeLC; 11-23-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: added Chapters/Indigo link
MikeLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Oh well; I bought it last thursday so a fraction to early!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
just FYI, if you go to koboereader.com, there are bundled deals there too.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
just FYI, if you go to koboereader.com, there are bundled deals there too.
Ah, advertisement! Why 5 only to choose?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Isn't five enough blessings to count?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLC View Post
Chapters/Indigo is currently offering a new promotion for new Wifi Kobo users. Purchase a Wifi Kobo and recieve The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre and Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood absolutely free. The promotion runs until December 24th 2010 so it's a great time to get some bestsellers to add to your Kobo library.

Too bad they don't let you choose your own two ebooks. I only read science fiction and fantasy.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLC View Post

hmm, I just got two more kobo's in store and didn't receive the books nor was the promotion mentioned...
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
Davec33
Davec33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I bought a WiFi Kobo at Walmart Canada about one month ago, and they were advertising 3 free current books. There was no mention of this on the package, but when I logged onto the Kobo site it automatically downloaded the titles.
Davec33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #9
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davec33 View Post
I bought a WiFi Kobo at Walmart Canada about one month ago, and they were advertising 3 free current books. There was no mention of this on the package, but when I logged onto the Kobo site it automatically downloaded the titles.

Unfortunately not here; I went back and checked the emails that chapters sends when you purchase them figuring that would be the logical place to include a code of some sort, to cut down on human error, but alas, not there. No biggie I guess...
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
michael_h
michael_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ebook reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
hmm, I just got two more kobo's in store and didn't receive the books nor was the promotion mentioned...
Did you check for a coupon? I just bought a wi-fi kobo for a family Christmas present and a coupon for the books was also placed in the bag. The coupon has a code that you use to download the books.
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_h View Post
Did you check for a coupon? I just bought a wi-fi kobo for a family Christmas present and a coupon for the books was also placed in the bag. The coupon has a code that you use to download the books.
will have to check tonight. I bought my wifes and it had a bag, but the one my wife picked up didn't have a bag, so there was nothing. We bought both of them at the same time, and both under my email address so it's possible they only gave one coupon and it's in the bag at home. we'll see.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
Number5Monkey
Number5Monkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
Unfortunately I've run into the same problem with my Kobo purchase. I picked it up in store (in an attempt to continue supporting my local Chapters) but never did receive a coupon.

I've been in touch with Kobo support, and while being very friendly and quick to respond, they really haven't been able to help. My support ticket was then "elevated" to Level 2, two weeks ago and that was the last I heard of it.

I absolutely love my Kobo Wi-Fi, and am in no way soured because of this, but its just a bit disappointing. I was hoping to be reading Oryx and Crake by now. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
Number5Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
michael_h
michael_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ebook reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5Monkey View Post
Unfortunately I've run into the same problem with my Kobo purchase. I picked it up in store (in an attempt to continue supporting my local Chapters) but never did receive a coupon.

I've been in touch with Kobo support, and while being very friendly and quick to respond, they really haven't been able to help. My support ticket was then "elevated" to Level 2, two weeks ago and that was the last I heard of it.

I absolutely love my Kobo Wi-Fi, and am in no way soured because of this, but its just a bit disappointing. I was hoping to be reading Oryx and Crake by now. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
I would return to the Chapters store with your receipt and indicate that you did not receive the two free book coupon. You are more likely to get a quick response than you will contacting Kobo support.
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #14
MikeLC
Chapter/Indigo Employee
MikeLC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo iPhone, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch Ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5Monkey View Post

We've actually been running out of the coupons in majority of our in-store locations, my advice would be to return to a store and request for the coupon and have them take down your contact information and get you a coupon.

Currently there is no information as to if this promotion is being stopped due to the lack of Kobos in Chapters/Indigo stores, the demand has kept us from having enough Kobos to even likely last the Christmas shopping period.

My advice to would-be kobo buyers is to order it off the Kobo site if anything
MikeLC is offline   Reply With Quote