Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #526
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I, too, have failed miserably. I reached 150 lbs a few months ago and then have slowly, consistently added 19 lbs. I swore I would never weigh 170 ever again. So I'm considering severing an appendage. Either that or I shall be more vigilant and restrict my calories and exercise vigorously daily. Which will it be? Decisions, decisions.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #527
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I, too, have failed miserably. I reached 150 lbs a few months ago and then have slowly, consistently added 19 lbs. I swore I would never weigh 170 ever again. So I'm considering severing an appendage. Either that or I shall be more vigilant and restrict my calories and exercise vigorously daily. Which will it be? Decisions, decisions.
Yes, despite knowing that my change in eating patterns needs to be permanent, it's so easy to slip back into having a biscuit here and there, or a packet of crisps.

Well, it must be done. I'm aiming at about 150lbs myself. That is, a little under 70kg.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #528
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could give blood. That would be a pound. Or maybe I could stop breathing in quite so much air. I'm sure there's some mass there. Anything but giving up biscuits.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #529
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
sigh, Christmas food. All my fault, shouldn't have cooked it myself in the first place. I got my 2 kg back and it is so difficult to get rid of it.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #530
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Dear Fat Diary,

this week I have lost some weight so that I am back to the pre xmas weight (where I had lost 2.5ks from the previous couple of weeks- but put on that pesky extra xmas kilo ). A good start. I have also run out of red wine, and am less inclined to drink what is left(the stuff in the fridge is sweet and white). So maybe now the weight will fall off.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #531
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I have also run out of red wine,

Sadly, I have concluded that the red wine needs to go, at least for a while. The combination of calories and the loss of resolve while imbibing does me in.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #532
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Depends. How many fingers and toes do you have? If it is more than five at each extremity you might not miss the sixth (or more). Other wise the second option sounds the best.

Quote:
I could give blood. That would be a pound. Or maybe I could stop breathing in quite so much air. I'm sure there's some mass there. Anything but giving up biscuits.
Giving blood is always beneficial, but done in moderation as in all things; including dieting. Don't cut down on the breathing, but increase it. Every 32 grams of oxygen taken in at best leaves as 44 grams of carbon dioxide. Any nitrogen inhaled is exhaled.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #533
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Breathing hard, now. How long do I have to keep this up before I can stop for a biscuit?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #534
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Run over here VR. A little run and you will have a calorie deficit that can be filled by this....
Old 01-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #535
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Dear Fat Diary,

This week I have lost another half kilo, which is good, but I cannot tell if it was because of the lack of red wine or because I have been fighting a chest infection. I cetainly have NOT been excercising as much due to lying around in bed most of the day.

Sadly I weighed less yesterday, but discovered these...

They were uneaten from xmas new year (also unopened), and I thought they may go off.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #536
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I discovered that my new treadmill's "iPod" port works with my Kindle Fire just fine. I can turn on Netflix while I'm walking and have it play through the large speakers on the treadmill, very nice.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #537
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Christmas has left the clothes just a little tighter than they should be, and that was after I went up a size or two before the festivities. Time to exercise and eat less I guess

Last edited by Peverel; 01-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #538
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Dear Fat Diary,

This week I have lost another half kilo, which is good, but I cannot tell if it was because of the lack of red wine or because I have been fighting a chest infection. I cetainly have NOT been excercising as much due to lying around in bed most of the day.

Sadly I weighed less yesterday, but discovered these...

They were uneaten from xmas new year (also unopened), and I thought they may go off.
It is unthinkable to knowingly endanger a bag of Nacho Doritos! Put them out of their misery! And then you won't be tempted any more .... after the bag is empty!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #539
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Giving blood doesn't make you lose weight (sad, sad!) only liquid. I checked this with the Red Cross during my many years of donating blood. I think only the less eating, more exercise that works. But at this time of the year with temperatures between 35-40 deg C it's hard to exercise without almost killing yourself. Whoever finds a pill that makes you lose weight safely will make a fortune. But why have we all had a problem with weight over the last 20-30 years (I don't just mean that we have got older). Movies from the 70's and 80's show everyone to be much thinner - whether young or old.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #540
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Dear Fat Diary,

this week I have not been counting calories, or exercising. I have been a bit careful about food, but drank wine Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. now I have an open bottle and the weekend is over I know I will not be able to resist.

On a good note I have not put on any weight, I lost 200 to 300 grams. It was less on Friday morning, so I think the alcohol is a factor.

Currently enjoying bacon (2 short middle rashers with all the fat cut off) and egg (only 1) and toast (one slice of Helga's with olive spread)