Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
WereVince
WereVince began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Zotero and calibre

Hi,
I am using zotero to select my bibliography on the web, and calibre to manage it and transfer pdf files to my reader. I am wondering if there is a way for calibre to automatically look up in the (pdf) files downloaded by zotero and put them in my library. Also, the information (title, authors...) that Zotero associates to these files (taken from the web page) is usually more accurate than what calibre can guess from the pdf file...
Thanks for your help,
V
WereVince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There isn't currently, but it should be possible to write a metadata download plugin for zotero.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Svetlovska
Svetlovska began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
zotero & calibre

New to the forum, and Calibre. Just wanted to second Werevince's idea - as someone without programming skills at all, it'd be amazing if someone could work out a way to pull the biblio data out of Zotero for the pdfs of academic journals I want to read and manage for my Kindle through Calibre. I see real synergy there between the two applications... Anybody feel like a challenge?

Tanya
Svetlovska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
No challenge. I full-heartedly agree and have been patiently waiting until somebody makes this work. BTW - the opposite would work for me too - being able to import my calibre-library into zotero (for bibliographical purposes - being able to quote my ebooks in the papers I write (possibly even with the pdfs). Has anybody figured out a way to do that?

-Stephan
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
jacktanner
Enthusiast
jacktanner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
A neat way to make this work would be to have Calibre pretend that it's a Zotero Sync client:
* push items in Calibre's ebook database to Zotero servers
* pull items from Zotero servers to Calibre's library
jacktanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
Has any progress been made on this? I'm sure quite a few people would be very interested in a better integration between their two favorite e-document management tools!

-Stephan
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
tytrate
Tytrate
tytrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm dying for an add-on that utilizes Zotero's API. I don't have the necessary skills to do it myself. I hope someone will take it up?

Thanks in advance.

-Richard
tytrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi all,
let me also add my plea to a zotero/Calibre plugin - it would be extremely useful, and now that the standalone version of zotero is out, I wonder whether it makes building a plugin for Calibre any easier - sadly I have no programming skills whatsoever to do this myself.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote