Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Book cover graphic doesnt show up some times ?

hi all,

I have been converting some books over to IMP, using RTF as my back up version for formating / editing etc.

I generally try to track down a piece of cover art or picture to put in as the first page of the book for looks etc.

Would anyone have ANY idea why when I convert them over to imp SOME, not all but some of the graphics dont seem to convert properly and only show up in the imp book as a empty square place holder?

Would love to track this down as its driving me nuts ROFL.

Edit: Is there a maxium graphic size to use as a guide? ( I thougth that it was reduced when its converted, but just wanting to be sure)
thank you

Last edited by askyn; 10-27-2009 at 11:12 AM.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
When that happens (image doesn't display) I usually load the (.jpg) image in an image editor, like irfanview (see http://www.irfanview.net/ ), and just resave it, overwriting the previous copy.

Then rebuild the .imp and it usually shows up afterwards.

I don't really know the reason, but my default .jpg viewer (ACDSee v1.0) also has problems displaying similar/recent images so perhaps it's a jpeg encoding issue.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Been playing with this a bit today, and would you belive that SOMETIMES, not all but sometimes, if you just rename the file it will work properly.

very strange
Old 10-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
askyn
Addict

Hmmm,

Even further thoughts on this.

It seems that if a file name has a apostrophe ( ' ), in the file name it runs into issues for some reason.

Ive recreated books in rtf format named just TEST ... those compile properly just fine.

If I then rename the file to the original name with apostrophe in it, it will no longer compile properly and the graphic wont show up.

strange