Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #61
espinosa00011
Enthusiast
espinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the rough

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Who cares?

It's quite sad to then see people coming out of the blue and making unfounded accusations. What good does it do to anybody? What benefit do you think will others have from your "discovery"?
I came from the blue? Good Luck here, I disconect. Feel free to support your own bussiness in ereader-store. How much do you earn there?

Last edited by espinosa00011; 04-12-2016 at 10:02 AM.
espinosa00011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #62
espinosa00011
Enthusiast
espinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi all,

So, if all people are agree I propose to stop the discussions about the profit of each vendor, but it's always interesting to know the different prices proposed
I agree with you and that was the reason I posted I think it is always interesting to know other places to buy and prices of the same product.

But since I do not understand your attitude in this forum I will stop posting. Good luck to continue supporting Booxtor and ereader-store in this forum. It seems to be your main intention here and it seems a private marketing channel of ereader-store.

Bye, best regards
espinosa00011

Last edited by espinosa00011; 04-12-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #63
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by espinosa00011 View Post
I agree with you and that was the reason I posted I think it is always interesting to know other places to buy and prices of the same product.

But since I do not understand your attitude in this forum I will stop posting. Good luck to continue supporting Booxtor and ereader-store in this forum. It seems to be your main intention here and it seems a private marketing channel of ereader-store.

Bye, best regards
espinosa00011
I only try to be fair.

The question of the price is reasonable.

In this sub-forum, we have seen several vendors. You can verify that a particular vendor has spent some time to improve the devices. I'm try to be fair : I said it, that's all. We know some vendors, their qualities and their lacks.

If a new vendor come with a good price, good services and support, I'll be happy.

I don't support someone.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #64
espinosa00011
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I only try to be fair.

The question of the price is reasonable.

In this sub-forum, we have seen several vendors. You can verify that a particular vendor has spent some time to improve the devices. I'm try to be fair : I said it, that's all. We know some vendors, their qualities and their lacks.

If a new vendor come with a good price, good services and support, I'll be happy.

I don't support someone.
Thank you!!! One reasonable person in this forum and NOT another "fanboy".

By the way I am not a vendor, I am a profesor of Computer Engineering and I am a user of an old Onyx M90 who wants to update the device. Probably an N96ML. I am interested in an 13.3 model also but I do not know yet if the one from Onyx or the one from Netronix. The Onyx seems to have better software but Netronix is software free (with posible "comunity updates") and the finger touch seems appealing.

And I do NOT COME FROM THE BLUE, I registered in 2011 but I do not usually post anything. I just read.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #65
increduloussus
Enthusiast
increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox N96
Hi folks, this is my first post here. I'm considering buying the N96. I'll be using it primarily for reading and annotating .pdfs, some of them scanned .pdfs. I hope to sync my Mendeley file directory to the N96 via Dropbox, and annotate while I read--not sure which app I will use.

Currently I'm using a Kindle DX, which is far too cumbersome to make notes with. So the biggest upside to the Onyx will be the ability to use the stylus. But I also like the feature of capacitive touch, for things like navigating through menus. My question is this: does the capacitive touch cause problems when you're making notes or drawing with the stylus? I'm worried they might give conflicting inputs, and that the dual-touch model might be frustrating to use in this context. Or perhaps there's a way to turn each input on/off independently through the OS?

Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge.
increduloussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2016, 10:22 AM   #66
gagabum
gagabum began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just out of curiousity and because I could not find any info on this: Why do we have to choose between finger touch and frontlight? Is it because an additional layer would make the screen have lower constrast and black would be more grey?

It's a tough decision, because what I really want is a frontlight and finger touch. I do not really need the stylus...
gagabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #67
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Well, I bit the bullet. I bought the Onyx N96ML (the one with the front light) instead of Onyx Boox Max. (The Max was just too expensive for me and I think I think having the light is much more advantageous as I do more night reading) Hopefully will have it in 10 days.

Anyone over here received the N96’s already? Any tips, tricks and recommended apps? This is my first Onyx. I previously/still have the glow and nonglow Nook ST (rooted) as well as smorgasbord of Android Tablets.

Also, do you think I’ll be able to do root related apps to the Onyx like the Fast Mode 2 and/or Fast Refresh?
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #68
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I think normally the onyx readers have a native A2 mode. Works OK on my T68.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #69
increduloussus
Enthusiast
increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!increduloussus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardest View Post
Well, I bit the bullet. I bought the Onyx N96ML (the one with the front light) instead of Onyx Boox Max. (The Max was just too expensive for me and I think I think having the light is much more advantageous as I do more night reading) Hopefully will have it in 10 days.

Anyone over here received the N96’s already? Any tips, tricks and recommended apps?
Hi Stardest,

I made the same choice (for similar reasons), and mine is on its way too. I will report back once I have had a chance to test it out. I'll be trying out a number of apps, especially for their usefulness when taking notes by stylus.

Look forward to hearing about your experiences as well.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #70
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagabum View Post
Just out of curiousity and because I could not find any info on this: Why do we have to choose between finger touch and frontlight? Is it because an additional layer would make the screen have lower constrast and black would be more grey?

It's a tough decision, because what I really want is a frontlight and finger touch. I do not really need the stylus...
It is technically possible: the Hanvon E930 has finger touch, stylus support, and a front light. I don't recall the blacks being greyish, but I haven't looked very closely.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #71
increduloussus
Enthusiast

Hi folks, I just received an N96 ML. It was supposed to have been a new one, but it must have been purchased by someone else and returned. The seller offered to give me a discount or return it, and I'm testing it to make sure nothing is damaged...

My question: the display doesn't auto-rotate. In fact, the home screen will only display in portrait (no landscape), and the apps I'm using don't auto-rotate either. Does this mean there is a hardware problem, or is there a setting I just can't find? Or does the N96 lack a simple function that works perfectly on my 6 year old Kindle DX?
Old 05-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #72
annalisa.x
annalisa.x began at the beginning.

Device: onyx N96ML - pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by increduloussus View Post
Hi folks, I just received an N96 ML. It was supposed to have been a new one, but it must have been purchased by someone else and returned. The seller offered to give me a discount or return it, and I'm testing it to make sure nothing is damaged...

My question: the display doesn't auto-rotate. In fact, the home screen will only display in portrait (no landscape), and the apps I'm using don't auto-rotate either. Does this mean there is a hardware problem, or is there a setting I just can't find? Or does the N96 lack a simple function that works perfectly on my 6 year old Kindle DX?

Who is the seller ?
annalisa.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #73
increduloussus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalisa.x View Post
Who is the seller ?
micmi-com, on ebay.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:30 AM   #74
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by increduloussus View Post
Hi folks, I just received an N96 ML. ...
I was also surprised to find this function missing on the M96. The lack of a gyroscope (hardware) is understandable for cost reduction reasons. However, the lack of a software function to turn the screen manually is not. Fortunately, this being open Android, this is easy to fix. I use the free app "Set Orientation" by The Eyes-Free Project, available on the Play Store. This allows you to change the orientation manually, conveniently from the top bar of the screen.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #75
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

increduloussus, I also bought my 96ML from the same seller, MICMI, but I haven't received mine yet. How's yours so far? Do you believe that it wasn't new? Are you keeping it?
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, n96, n96ml, onyx