Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
doto
doto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Calibre in Hebrew

My calibre had Hebrew as an option for the language with which to use the software, on one of the last updates this option disappeared, is there a way to get Hebrew back?
thanks
doto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Languages for which an insufficiently large fraction of text has been translated are automatically removed. If you want to see Hebrew back, you will have to help with the translation effort, see http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
doto

Thanks for your quick answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Languages for which an insufficiently large fraction of text has been translated are automatically removed. If you want to see Hebrew back, you will have to help with the translation effort, see http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved
And I really appreciate and thank you for the wonderful tool you have created in Calibre, which is a pleasure to use. I didn't mean reading Hebrew books with calibre, as there are indeed very few, but meant using the language for the software itself, which was once possible. I read in English, but would love having the software in Hebrew, is that still possible?

thanks again

Doto
Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doto View Post
And I really appreciate and thank you for the wonderful tool you have created in Calibre, which is a pleasure to use. I didn't mean reading Hebrew books with calibre, as there are indeed very few, but meant using the language for the software itself, which was once possible. I read in English, but would love having the software in Hebrew, is that still possible?
Kovid understood your question and answered it.

Not enough of the text in the Calibre user interface has been translated into Hebrew. The option will reappear when volunteers have translated enough of the untranslated text items.

See this page

Hebrew has over 4,000 translations needed. Perhaps you could help with that?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
For the status of various calibre translations, see here: https://translations.launchpad.net/c.../+pots/calibre

As you can see Hebrew is pretty lacking.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
doto

I'll look in to the link you sent and try to help if it's not too thechnical