Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Desktop / Website and WishList

Is there any way when you are browsing / searching via either the Desktop or KoboBooks.com to add material to the wishlist?

I see I can do it in Desktop for books recommended for me, or similar to what I am reading, or new releases or featured, but for the life of me, I can't see a way to that on books I have searched for.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I doubt we will see website wishlist choices added until wish lists are implemented in the apps and on the Vox, Peter. It would be too confusing. I have no idea what the plan is, but ultimately, I would guess people would have to be able to create a wishlist on the website that would sync with apps and devices. Sounds like a lot of work, if that is the direction they go in.

The desktop wishlist choices probably will improve before that.

Last edited by taming; 07-21-2012 at 11:52 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks So I'm not crazy and missing some magical key sequence then!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty sure you can be crazy whilst simultaneously not be missing some key sequence.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I asked the same question about a week ago and also came up empty.

A way around it I found was to get the book you want on the desktop Wishlist to be located on the Kobo web site "Recommended for you" list. That list will be reflected on the desktop "Recommended for you" the next time you start the desktop application. Then you can add it to the desktop Wishlist.

Trouble is, there appears to only be 20 slots on the desktop "Recommended for you" list, while there are 24 slots on the Kobo web site "Recommended for you" list.

So, you have to remove some books from the Kobo web site "Recommended for you" list.

Then to get a book onto the Kobo web site "Recommended for you" list, you have to search for the book on the Kobo web site a few times so that their dopey software will put it on the list.

Crazy.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Geee... You really have to work at getting Kobo to sell you a book.

Really makes all that effort to allow me to share my Kobo stuff on Facebook pay off.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

@Murg: No... it's easy to buy books. All I was looking for was an easy way to populate a Wishlist of books I want to look at.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
I was checking that as well. Looked all over the Website and came up with nothing. I figured ok well I can still use the app. But then it only applies to recommended and featured books. You can't go into your library and add any of the books you have as "Previews".
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
You can't go into your library and add any of the books you have as "Previews".
Yep, that's right.

And you can't do a search from the desktop app or Kobo web site and add that book to your app wishlist. It's a real oversight.

I want to be able to go the web site or the desktop app and whenever I see a book, tag it to my desktop app wishlist. If I can't do that, I forget about a lot of books I may have purchased in the future.

You would think Kobo would be all over this since they seem determined to be in my face all the time advertising books (I don't want and am not interested in), but they don't take full advantage of allowing me to purchase books I am interested in.

ltr
Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Murg: No... it's easy to buy books. All I was looking for was an easy way to populate a Wishlist of books I want to look at.
I find I remember books I want to read, or see them somewhere. If I don't jot them down (which I never do), then I forget about them.

If I forget about them, someone doesn't make a sale.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I still use Pinterest for my wish list.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I still use Pinterest for my wish list.
That's what I've just started doing as I found I had wishlists at Barnes and Noble,Amazon, Sony and at Kobo(preview list actually but anyhow) and they all of course don't sync up so now I just keep the list on Pinterest. It's actually quite handy as I can add the work Agency/Non Agency to the start of the description or a note as to why I'ved pinned eg Rec. from mobile reads or Rec from Ransom Notes Blog etc
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Too bad Pinterest requires a Twitter or Facebook account to set up an account with them. I received an invite from them but then I found out that I needed an ego stroke account I told them they could keep their invite...

Last edited by Danger; 07-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
ltr
Addict

Yeah, I have neither a facebook or twitter account and don't intend to, so the whole Pin thing just doesn't work for me.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I signed up with my regular old gmail account. Once you request and get an invite, you will see that Facebook and Twitter logins are options, but not required. I never use either for any reason with another website.

EDIT: I was wrong. Pinterest now requires Twitter or Facebook for initial sign up.

Last edited by taming; 07-24-2012 at 02:51 AM.