Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
reader_newb
reader_newb began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
iLiad 2nd Powers Off Xfering file off of CF

Lexar 2GB CF

iLiad 2nd just powered itself off (twice in row), after xfering a few hundred MB out of 2 GB (Intended to be Xfered) of data off of the CF card, Leaving "Connected to PC" frozen on the screen.

Had to Reset and Power On again.

Is this a Known Problem with iLiad 2nd ?

the iLiad 2nd seems Ok with xfering smaller # and gigage of files onto or off of the CF card.

product type: er0141

Software Version: 2.12

thanks
reader_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
I've had that problem a few times with a 2Gb card. I find if I transfer the files in chunks of 20-30Mb it works fine, but if I try to transfer a lot and leave it to it, it grinds to a halt and has to be reset, like you said.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
A work around would be to use an external USB CF card reader. These are inexpensive, and transfer files much faster than via the iLiad in USB mode.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
reader_newb
reader_newb began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
damn !!! German Engineering !?!?!!??!!!! More like Made In China.
reader_newb is offline   Reply With Quote