Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Dropbox

Do I need to have an SD card to transfer my files from Dropbox to my Vox? How does it work?

Last edited by estelle58; 11-07-2011 at 01:45 PM.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
rmorrow
rmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Do I need to have an SD card to transfer my files from Dropbox to my Vox? How does it work?
No, you don't need an sd card. When you download files from your dropbox account the program places them into /mnt/sdcard/dropbox. From there you can copy/move them to where-ever you like.

Rick
rmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Don't confuse the boy/girl!

The Kobo Vox has an internal memory that it refers to as an sdcard. Any physical SD card you add is referred to as "extsd".

So keep that in mind.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you guys

ps: I'm a girl
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Estelle, I hope you realize that you have to have Dropbox installed on both your PC and your Kobo. Just place any files you wish to transfer into the Dropbox folder on your PC and they will show up in the Dropbox folder of the Kobo (like magic!)
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
Estelle, I hope you realize that you have to have Dropbox installed on both your PC and your Kobo. Just place any files you wish to transfer into the Dropbox folder on your PC and they will show up in the Dropbox folder of the Kobo (like magic!)
You can also log into the dropbox website to upload, download or manage your files.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post

I opened the account on my computer, transferred files in it, all I have to do is download the Dropbox app on my Vox. I tried yesterday but it didn't work. I will try again tonight.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Estelle58, did you get an error message when you tried downloading Dropbox for Android? I tried it today and got an error message. Haven't been able to download it yet. :-(
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
http://filetram.com/download/mediafi...46/dropbox-apk
This link will allow you to download directly to the Vox. Use the slow download. Just a tip: when doing a search for an app, add, "direct download" and/or apk after the name and you will find sources that work
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Thank you guys

ps: I'm a girl
HAHA! I would've guessed that not just because of your ID, but because of your three cats pictured! Although...there are some dudes that do love cats, too! Cute kitties, btw!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Thanks, Cdesja5. Now that I finally got it through my head that apk is the file extension needed for any apps I want to install, I think I've finally got a handle on it.

This forum rocks; if it wasn't for all the info I've found here I might have given up on using my Vox for nothing more than reading and checking email. LOL
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #12
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindiaugustine View Post
Estelle58, did you get an error message when you tried downloading Dropbox for Android? I tried it today and got an error message. Haven't been able to download it yet. :-(

Yes I did, thank you for the link Cdesja5