Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #61
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
I don't think calibre reads in metadata from it's files on devices. it only writes it out (as far as I know)
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #62
Kiliwia
Kiliwia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi,

I'm new to the hacking of e-readers, so I apologize if I'm asking dumb questions.

1. I would like to store my books in sub-folders (or sub-collections). I read books in different languages and I would like to store them this way:

-French Books
- Author
- Series

-English Books
-Author
- Series

etc.

Is this something your Homepage would be able to do?

2. Does rooting the T1 and then using your Homepage affect the other functions of the reader. I would like to use the different dictionaries. Is this still possible?

Thanks for all the work you are doing
Kiliwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #63
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Using my homescreen does not affect any functions of the Sony software.
When you open a book it will open with whichever reader app you choose.

Using directories for storing books is okay, but my homescreen reads the book data from the sony databases, and so will only show the books based on data from those databases (and from the calibre metadata in future)
Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #64
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Hi mrspaceman, what programs do you use to compile the files of the repository?

Thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #65
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

could you explain what you mean by "compile the files of the repository".

I read details of the books from a database file (Sony_Reader/database/books.db) that is created by the Sony software.
I will be adding a feature which will read in book details from the metadata files that Calibre puts on the device.

if you're asking how I compile the homescreen app, then I just use eclipse with the standard Android SDK and eclipse plugin.
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #66
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
could you explain what you mean by "compile the files of the repository".

I read details of the books from a database file (Sony_Reader/database/books.db) that is created by the Sony software.
I will be adding a feature which will read in book details from the metadata files that Calibre puts on the device.

if you're asking how I compile the homescreen app, then I just use eclipse with the standard Android SDK and eclipse plugin.
My question is how do you create the SonyPrsT1Home-xxxxxx-alpha.apk from the files on the repository?

thanks
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #67
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

once you've checked out the code from google code, you should be able to import the project into eclipse and compile and package it into an apk using the android eclipse plugin.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #68
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
once you've checked out the code from google code, you should be able to import the project into eclipse and compile and package it into an apk using the android eclipse plugin.

Thanks mrspaceman, there was a doubt about to create packages apk, because i don't have the new reader of Sony, at the moment i only have the prs 505.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #69
cendrieR
cendrieR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Just came in to say I use your home screen, it's really nice.

(had problems to install it though, I couldn't guess where to put the .apk in the PRS-T1 from my PC, had to put it in the "minimal-set-1\sdcard\updates\data\app\" directory before the flashing)
cendrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #70
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

I'll add an install guide to the google code project website
Old 11-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #71
cendrieR
cendrieR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
That would be useful for newcomers like me, thanks!

(edit : I read your guide, problem is, the organization of the folders in the internal memory seen from root explorer doesn't match the organization I see from my pc with usb; I put the .apk on various places on the reader but could never find it afterwards with the root explorer; but never mind, that is not the subject of this topic, I'll take a look one more time this evening)

Last edited by cendrieR; 11-24-2011 at 07:44 AM.
cendrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #72
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Thank you mrspaceman, it's a great work!

Now the app drawer is still flickering when moving the app list down or up, why not page it?
Or just list the app icon in an special book collection which named "APP" or etc.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #73
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

I like the idea that the Apps are just another collection. I may add that.
I do want to remove scrolling from all the screens because of the flashing, it's just working out a way to do that is efficient.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #74
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
I just found when reading in FBReader, the window(take a half screen space)which prompted by ColorDict is partial refresh。That is,no matter how you drag the contens in this window, the total screen will not flash.

However I'm not a programmer, with no knowledge in APK, so I don't know the backgroud of this appearance.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #75
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
@mrspaceman
How did you take the screenshots?
I want to make some to help your project.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote