Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
PB903 page refreshing

Each time I open a book for a first couple of seconds fonts look smooth but after that it becomes uneven. When reader does full page update the words becomes smooth again but after turning the page same story. Only EPUB files opened with adobe viewer seems to stay stable without full refresh. Unfortunately no Cyrillic support in adobe viewer. So I’m forced to use Full Page Update always. Is this normal or just my reader? Is there some solution? Text rendering is on "antialiased"

Last edited by onesome; 01-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
Each time I open a book for a first couple of seconds fonts look smooth but after that it becomes uneven. When reader does full page update the words becomes smooth again but after turning the page same story. Only EPUB files opened with adobe viewer seems to stay stable without full refresh. Unfortunately no Cyrillic support in adobe viewer. So I’m forced to use Full Page Update always. Is this normal or just my reader? Is there some solution? Text rendering is on "antialiased"
I think you need to set page turning from speed to quality to get things right again
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
onesome
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
I think you need to set page turning from speed to quality to get things right again
Thanks man!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NP How is the 903 stylus working out for you? I have the 902, and am still wondering if i should have bought the 903
Old 01-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
onesome
Connoisseur

For web browsing or adjustments with some text entering is good. I marked some text to take notes with it as well. But for most other activities like entering menus or during reading it is not really necessary. Scribble application is extremely useless - it is between Alfa and Beta version. Recommended only if you going to browse the net or need to type a lot /far from convenient but comparing with using the device buttons to reach each letter is much better/.
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #6
Roos
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
For web browsing or adjustments with some text entering is good. I marked some text to take notes with it as well. But for most other activities like entering menus or during reading it is not really necessary. Scribble application is extremely useless - it is between Alfa and Beta version. Recommended only if you going to browse the net or need to type a lot /far from convenient but comparing with using the device buttons to reach each letter is much better/.
Thanks, i am extremely happy with the 902, and you have put my mind at easy about the 903
I hope that a later version will have a 'pearl' screen or something comparable and it would be even better if they implemented the same 'touch' system as the PRS 650 uses, no more stylus! A combination a both would make me a happy but poor person
Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
I vaguely recall seeing such a menu when I first got my 902, but since upgrading to the 2.0.3 NA firmware, I haven't seen it since. My "Fast Access" menu has a "Zoom" icon, but no "Settings" icon like in the manual. Where do you set this option?

Edit: I was an idiot. I should have seen that he was referring to using fbreader for EPUB files, which does have that option. I use AdobeViewer rather than fbreader, which is why that option "disappeared" for me.

Last edited by rkomar; 01-13-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Added situation update.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote