Notices

Old 05-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #121
Duodora
Enthusiast
Duodora began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Not noticed either way. But then, I've found that the first month of use/charging, the battery level indicator becomes more accurate with each cycle. I've now been running my latest Cybook since mid-January.

Derek
Thanks! If there was some benefit of switching I'd definitely do it, but I guess no messing with it if it works!

Connie
Duodora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #122
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Still no ZIP support?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #123
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodora View Post
My cybook is the same--new hardware but older software.

The one question I have--the new firmware said something about increased battery life or energy efficiency or something. Has anyone noticed this?

I definitely noticed a difference in efficiency. To my surprise the battery is empty in about halve the time I was used to. It is efficiently waisting energy. I wrote to Bookeen about it an received (within 29 minutes) a mail that they were sorry, would investigate it and a link to a download location to move to version 538.

I was using version 4xx before. Perhaps that was the cause of the problem. Version 685 is much smaller than 538, it is rumored that is was an update, not a complete replacement. I can imagine that something went wrong because I had a rather rare version
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote