Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #136
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I've run into a truly outrageously priced book Gun Women. I have the dead tree copy of this book, but would really like to have it in an e-version. the dead tree at Amazon is listed as $50 and the ebook at $32. my personal copy is completely marked up, and highlighted so scanning is not an option
Note that it's an academic press book - the epricing on such books doesn't seem to fit the pricing on non-academic books, based on what I've seen at the U of Chicago Press. I don't have any clue about the pricing of books from academic presses, except that I would think that they would have small print runs which would seem to have some impact on the ebook pricing.

But the answer is to buy a used copy, which will come in at about 5 bucks including shipping, & scan that one.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote