Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Any Cleanup tools

After staring at many a monster-messy CSS using Sigil, I have a wish for tools.
1) A tool that sorts the CSS selectors so it is easy to locate (and pretty them u for consistency)

2) A Where used (in the Epub) report, that lists each section (and count) where a selector is used

3) Duplicate selector CONTENT, locator tool, that reports selectors that have basically the same, exact attributes.
.para34, .para37, .para123...
you must have seen those OMG 900 line, conversion, style messes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I guess I cheat... I use tidy to convert from html to xhtml and gather up the style info into one place in the <header>; then I delete all that and change <p class=... > into <p>. Then I write a stylesheet.css that does what I want.

I know that loses all the classes, but it works fairly well for simple book conversions.

But, yes, I have been thinking about a parser that does what you want, at least items 2 & 3. I'll get to it eventually, unless someone else does it first.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I guess I cheat... I use tidy to convert from html to xhtml and gather up the style info into one place in the <header>; then I delete all that and change <p class=... > into <p>. Then I write a stylesheet.css that does what I want.

I know that loses all the classes, but it works fairly well for simple book conversions.

But, yes, I have been thinking about a parser that does what you want, at least items 2 & 3. I'll get to it eventually, unless someone else does it first.
Thanks (in advance, too )

Not being a HTML or CSS "expert"
I went looking for tools. I did find some CSS creation tools. The big problem then, would be making them work on a ePub directly (tot having to tear it apart and the put it back properly) Once I have a report, I can use Sigil to adjust the individual segments.
One of my goals from the where used report is to make the CSS "Lean and Mean". Only have itemes that are used ( I see a number of publishers that seem to use a "Stock" CSS, with ever selector they have ever used in them.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote