Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
jpaulm
jpaulm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi @jackie_w. Thanks for the feedback, but I don't know what gave you the impression I was going epub to epub - I just always go from a zip file to epub! I have tried everything you and the others suggested, but I keep getting extra entries in my TOC, apparently generated by OOo cross-references to chapters. So it seems Calibre doesn't give me a way to get total control of my TOC generation... Assuming this is the case, do you know what its criteria are, or should I just keep trying things until the extra entries disappear?! TIA
jpaulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@jpaulm: Your zip file contains a TOC with the extra entries. Remove it and you wont see them in the output either.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
jpaulm

Hi Kovid, that's the weird thing - there is no sign of it. Unless winzip is somehow not displaying it... content.opf has the following:
<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="html"/>
</spine>
but no sign of toc or ncx... There is a file toc.ncx in the epub zip, which I can modify, but I have to do that every time I change the source html file... Can you help?!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
TOCs are specified in ncx files, or via guide element in the OPF, look for those in the zip file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
jpaulm

All I can see is the following in the OPF:

Quote:
<item href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" id="ncx"/>
No sign of the referenced file - is it being built on the fly? I can send you the OPF file if you like...

Thanks.
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #21
jpaulm

Thanks, Kovid, this seems to have been fixed in the latest version of Calibre (0.7.49). No more having to prune the extra entries off the toc - great! Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #22
jpaulm

Sorry everyone, I was wrong! I converted (my previous, modified) epub to epub by mistake!