Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #76
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
My local library launched their ebooks today so...

Hennepin County Libraries (MN)
663 ePub's
Congratulations!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #77
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Unless I somehow haven't found it, my library offers zero, zip, zilch, nada, none as far as ebooks go. Audiobooks...yes. ebooks...no.

If anyone else is in Wake County (Raleigh) NC and I'm wrong, please let me know.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #78
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Congratulations!
It's nice, I've only been asking them for a couple of years (they've had OD audiobooks for years now).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #79
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Unless I somehow haven't found it, my library offers zero, zip, zilch, nada, none as far as ebooks go. Audiobooks...yes. ebooks...no.

If anyone else is in Wake County (Raleigh) NC and I'm wrong, please let me know.
oh, this is funny....I just went back to the library web site and found:

When will downloadable eBooks be available?
Downloadable eBooks will premiere on our Overdrive website at 10:00am on August 2nd.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #80
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Crouch View Post

Adelaide, Australia. There's no library within 800km that has ebooks.
Ahh, Adelaide. I remember it well.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #81
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

Shire of Nillumbik (20 km or so NE of Melbourne) library has a relationship with the Brisbane library (2,000 km to the north), and they share around 1,900 ebooks in pdf.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #82
texasnightowl
Guru

Whoo-hoo! My library did go live today with epubs!! (They previously already had audiobooks thru Overdrive.)

They have 154 ePub ebooks
They have 152 mp3 audiobooks
They have 888 WMA audiobooks

They seem to have purchased 5 copies of each ebook. You are allowed to check out 5 at a time for either 7 or 14 days.

Yay!

Wake County Library - Raleigh, NC
Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #83
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Philadelphia Free Library has 1,371 epub and 616 PDF books. That's unique books not counting multiple copies of some books. They seem to add quite a few new books each month.
Philly now has...

ePub 1,546
PDF 652
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #84
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Mine (Navy General Library Program) has 885 fiction, 1330 nonfiction, all a mixture of PDF, mobi, and epub but I think mostly epub.

My home town Kitsap Regional Library in Bremerton, Washington has 392 fiction, 485 nonfiction, again a mixture of PDF, mobi, and epub. This one has children's books and the Navy one doesn't.

Last edited by banjobama; 08-03-2010 at 12:06 AM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #85
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
FYI, the information shared in this long-dormant thread is continually updated at EBook Lending Libraries and its linked pages, such as Your Library's E-book Results --- The Rankings!.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #86
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Does different formats of a book count separately? i.e. a book in both kindle & epub would count as 2 books?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:00 AM   #87
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Does different formats of a book count separately? i.e. a book in both kindle & epub would count as 2 books?
From the library patron's perspective, the Kindle and epub editions of a given title count as one (1) book.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:42 PM   #88
Respigi
Respigi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O
Krewerd? Where`s Krewerd? I live in a small town 40,000 pop, in Aus. and pub. library has 3000+, ebooks.
Respigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #89
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Pretty limited really. Especially for what I read.

Freading has 16,000 titles available for the RPL (Regina Public Library)
Overdrive does not indicate how many titles are available for the RPL (potentially 2.6 milliion, but that is not true for my library as I can find some titles on Overdrive, but not logged in to my library) Does anyone know how to find out this information? I'd love to know.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #90
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Pretty limited really. Especially for what I read.

Freading has 16,000 titles available for the RPL (Regina Public Library)
Overdrive does not indicate how many titles are available for the RPL (potentially 2.6 milliion, but that is not true for my library as I can find some titles on Overdrive, but not logged in to my library) Does anyone know how to find out this information? I'd love to know.
For my overdrive libraries...

Do an advanced search (leaving the match field blank and picking ebooks only); the number of books is at the bottom of the page.

Click on "view more" for "recently added" and the number of book is at the bottom of the page.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote