Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
Free Bible from Sony Store

Hi all!

If you're looking for a Bible for your Sony the Connect store is now offering the TNIV for free.

Happy reading!
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
drew00149
Connoisseur
drew00149 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iRex iLiad, HTC Kaiser
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to download it just to have one - but it is truly an unfortunate translation. Where is my ESV Crossway?
drew00149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Nice catch!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Thanks for that bit of info!

BTW, are you new here?
I should also give you a proper welcome! You'll find lots of friendly help and lots of free books on this forum!
Welcome!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 04-11-2009 at 08:57 PM.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Thanks for the heads up. I favor the RSV myself, but this freebie seems to be quite well-formatted, including links to verses.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 AM   #6
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
It's an okay translation, but the file is enormous. Over 19 MB! I just put it on my 700, and it's taking forever just to resize the font. It must be all the links in the LRX format. The Kindle version is "only" 5.7 MB.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
It's an okay translation, but the file is enormous. Over 19 MB! I just put it on my 700, and it's taking forever just to resize the font. It must be all the links in the LRX format. The Kindle version is "only" 5.7 MB.
It's nothing to do with the links - it's the pagination that occurs when you first select a new font size. Should be quick after it's done it once (for each font size).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #8
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
I was looking for Bible version in ebook but what I have now is in my PDA. Thanks for this link. But I prefer the NIV. I guess i'll have to work with this one...
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's nothing to do with the links - it's the pagination that occurs when you first select a new font size. Should be quick after it's done it once (for each font size).
How does the pagination effort change the size from 5.7 to 19Meg

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, Dale, you misunderstand me. I mean that it's pagination which causes the delay when one first selects a new font size. Obviously it doesn't affect the file size . Perhaps that is due to the very large number of links.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Well, I just tested it after having been (briefly) in another book, and having already resized it. It was pretty quick in jumping from link to text. But I think they went for serious overkill in the links. You have to first click Old or New Testament, then the book you want, then the chapter you want, then the verse. That seems excessive. And yet, if you click on a footnote, it's not immediately obvious how to return to the text.

It's much more top-heavy with links than the mobipocket version (at least of the NT, which I purchased some time ago).
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Thanks for that bit of info!

BTW, are you new here?
I should also give you a proper welcome! You'll find lots of friendly help and lots of free books on this forum!
Welcome!
Sorry for the late reply. My computer was in the shop getting fixed. I finally have my lifeline back!

I'm a long time lurker but a fairly new poster (I didn't start posting until I actually purchased my 505), so thanks for the welcome.

As far as translations go I prefer the NIV myself, but I'll never argue with free.
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
RKnack
Enthusiast
RKnack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350 (deceased)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew00149 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to download it just to have one - but it is truly an unfortunate translation. Where is my ESV Crossway?
What makes it an "unfortunate translation"? The NIV was OK until the liberal types neutered it by making it gender neutral. THAT was certainly an "unfortunate translation"! This isn't that version, is it?
RKnack is offline   Reply With Quote