Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #31
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Based on his usual bias, equal specs but the name amazon on it would mean kobo had beaten them.
Oh, absolutely. For my part, if the PW Kindle has the XGA screen, I'm buying. I might get two, since Jon won't buy one.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #32
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Oh, absolutely. For my part, if the PW Kindle has the XGA screen, I'm buying. I might get two, since Jon won't buy one.
If they have skipped page turn buttons as it seems from the pics, then I will probably get one, but will need to try it first to see if the glow outdoes that oversight for me.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
If they have skipped page turn buttons as it seems from the pics, then I will probably get one, but will need to try it first to see if the glow outdoes that oversight for me.
Yeah, I wanted the addition of turn buttons too...but if the PW has the XGA screen, I must have one!
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
9:18 AM in sunny Seattle... just a little more than an hour to go
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
9:18 AM in sunny Seattle... just a little more than an hour to go
Didn't you say the same thing an hour ago?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Didn't you say the same thing an hour ago?
I did?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #37
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wait, I'm so confused? Which one do I use?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I did?
Someone did .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Wait, I'm so confused? Which one do I use?
This one

Time, flowing like a river
Time, beckoning me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river
To the sea

Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I didn't think the sun shone in Seattle.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I didn't think the sun shone in Seattle.
It's rare in the land of drizzle. But it's quite sunny today and heading for a high in the upper 70's.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Pre-game time and Wired has started their coverage. A half hour to go for the actual event.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #43
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
So, based on past press conferences/events, whose live coverage do you like the best?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

CNET has started their feed and has live video of their commentators doing a blow-by-blow. I usually watch CNET for these events.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
So, based on past press conferences/events, whose live coverage do you like the best?

eP
CNET - see my post above