Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Heuristics missing a dash in chapter names

I'm using the heuristic processing to detect unmarked chapter headings in specific books. It's working like a charm except it missing chapter names with a dash in them.

ex: Chapter Twenty-two

It will find chapter twenty and chapter thirty in the same book, just not twenty-one to twenty-nine.

Converting from lit and rtf to epub and mobi.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I seem to recall seeing that, but thought that had been fixed - I'll try to address it for the next release or the one following, I've been thinking about some ways to re-work the logic for chapter markup.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
I seem to recall seeing that, but thought that had been fixed - I'll try to address it for the next release or the one following, I've been thinking about some ways to re-work the logic for chapter markup.
Please don't always remove <br /> in a chapter heading.
<h3 style="chapno">Chapter 5 - Meanwhile... <br /> Back in the Jungle</h3>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

What does it look like before and after when the <br /> gets stripped? Heuristics shouldn't touch anything already in an h3 tag, and it wouldn't write an h3 that looks like that...

To be honest I can't think of any logic in heuristics that would strip that...
Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
What does it look like before and after when the <br /> gets stripped? Heuristics shouldn't touch anything already in an h3 tag, and it wouldn't write an h3 that looks like that...

To be honest I can't think of any logic in heuristics that would strip that...
You mentioned possibly working on mis-used BR removal.
I just wanted to be clear that there are uses that should not be stripped
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
ldolse
Wizard

Ah - that was in a different thread, hence the confusion. Anyway anything I do in that regard wouldn't touch content already in heading tags.