Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 03:12 AM   #1
CharlieN
CharlieN began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
can't add .AZW3F files to Calibre

After upgrading to a new Kindle a couple of years ago and having a major headache trying to reload my previously purchased ebooks from Amazon, I now save a copy in Calibre on my PC. Purchased a new ebook from Amazon last week but can't add it to Calibre.

Seems Kindle/Amazon are starting to send me AZW3F files in-lieu of AZW3
and Calibre rejects AZW3F files
Have never had any problems with AZW3

Anything I can do, besides stop buying from Amazon ?

Thanks
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
See the link at http://www.file-extensions.org/azw3f-file-extension

An azw3f does not contain a book. It typically resides within the .sdr directory on the Kindle, and apparently it holds metadata for the corresponding .azw3 file.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert