Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
bobbarkerissatan
bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs500
Duokan Joystick Problem

I have a first gen Kindle DX. Many months ago I installed the Doukan OS without any issue. I didn't much care for it because of the weird spacing issue so I switched back to the Kindle OS and didn't really think much about.

Until today. My Kindle went too long without a recharge and needed to reboot, which it did into the Doukan OS. The problem is that pushing down on the joystick to press enter moves the cursor down instead of registering enter. This is making it impossible to change any settings (enter is required to get the options to stick or register, like reboot). I tried a 30 second power switch hard reboot, but that didn't work and I'm current stuck trying to figure out what to do.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Any solutions?
bobbarkerissatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
bobbarkerissatan
bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bobbarkerissatan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs500
I was able to reboot into Kindle OS by toying around with running the battery low and using the W key on reboot to get into the Kindle OS. Turns out there I'm experiencing the same problem in the Kindle OS so I'm thinking it's hardware related and has nothing to do with Doukan. Bummer.
bobbarkerissatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert