Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #196
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
FREE by Samhain

Love and War by Patricia Hagan
Series: The Coltrane Saga 01
Genre: Historical Romance (Civil War)
Former Publisher: Avon (1978)
Current Publisher: Samhain Retro Romance
Note: I remember how much we all enjoyed the last one they gave away. I already own this one from the publisher but it's good to have a Kindle copy to.
Nook Link

Last edited by Blossom; 09-15-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FREE:

Kiss of the Beast by Mallory Rush
Genre: Classic Paranormal Romance
Former Publisher: Harlequin Temptation (1995)
Note: Werewolves / Shapeshifters
Note: I've been buying her books up so I am happy to get this one for free
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #198
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

FREE:

Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham
Genre: Historical Georgian Romance
Former Publisher: Dell (1999)
Note: This author revises her stories so original and digital are not entirely the sames. Some scenes may be cut or rewritten.

Wild Mustang Man by Carol Grace
Genre: Modern Western Romance
Series: Best-Kept Wishes 02
Former Title: Granted: Wild West Bride
Former Publisher: Silhouette Romance (1998)

When Sparks Fly by Autumn Dawn
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Futuristic)
Series: Spark 01
Former Publisher: Dorchester Love Spell (2009)

Last edited by Blossom; 09-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #199
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Free Lisa Renee Jones' Wicked Werewolf Night (The Werewolf Society)

http://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Werewol...ked+werewolf+n

Last edited by auntykatkat; 09-15-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: link didn't post
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #200
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Smashwords (multi-format DRM-free):

1) When Sparks Fly (Spark Series #1) - Autumn Dawn [Futuristic Romance]---Smashwords

2) No Words Alone (Spark Series #2) - Autumn Dawn [Futuristic Romance]---Smashwords

-Both books were originally published by Love Spell (Dorchester) in 2008 and 2009.

-Blossom linked to Book #1 Free at Amazon in an earlier post, Book #2 is currently $6.99 at Amazon vs. Free at Smashwords.

Last edited by kg3; 09-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #201
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE at Smashwords (multi-format DRM-free):

2) No Words Alone (Spark Series #2) - Autumn Dawn [Futuristic Romance]---Smashwords

-Blossom linked to Book #1 Free at Amazon in an earlier post, Book #2 is currently $6.99 at Amazon vs. Free at Smashwords.
It's now 99 cents at Amazon.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #202
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

-Blossom, when you click on Autumn Dawn's Amazon Page, it only shows the Kindle Edition at $6.99, and when you click on it, it takes you to the Kindle edition at $6.99. But, when you just do a search for No Words Alone, both the $0.99 and $6.99 ones show up, the $0.99 one doesn't list a publisher, the $6.99 lists Montlake Romance as the publisher.

-Also, same thing for When Sparks Fly - Kindle version is $5.59 on sale (Montlake Romance one) or FREE (no publisher listed version). You need to do just a title search within Kindle Books only to get the free one to come up. It's weird.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #203
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
-Blossom, when you click on Autumn Dawn's Amazon Page, it only shows the Kindle Edition at $6.99, and when you click on it, it takes you to the Kindle edition at $6.99. But, when you just do a search for No Words Alone, both the $0.99 and $6.99 ones show up, the $0.99 one doesn't list a publisher, the $6.99 lists Montlake Romance as the publisher.

-Also, same thing for When Sparks Fly - Kindle version is $5.59 on sale (Montlake Romance one) or FREE (no publisher listed version). You need to do just a title search within Kindle Books only to get the free one to come up. It's weird.
It's due to one being a KDP and one being Montlake. They aren't correctly linked together. Which is why it's not showing up like it should. The KDP is the latest edition.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #204
kg3
Guru

Blossom, Autumn Dawn says on her website "I've mentioned before that Dorchester isn't paying its authors and they've let their last editor go. Since my contract binds me from selling my books with them until they proclaim bankruptcy, I'm going to make lemonade and use When Sparks Fly as free advertising. I'm not seeing a dime from them on paid copies, so be my guest, help yourself to the free version." She says this for both When Sparks Fly and No Words Alone, and links both of those titles to Smashwords. I wonder why those 2 books would be in KDP Select if she can't sell them right now, as well as being available for free at Smashwords when KDP Select is exclusive?

So, I thought these titles were somehow a mistake from when Dorchester was selling them originally or that Montlake is either affiliated with Dorchester or bought out these titles from Dorchester? I haven't checked up on all the shenanigans with Dorchester recently, I should probably check up on all that.

Are all titles that say "sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.", KDP Select? What do titles say that are sold at Amazon but are not KDP Select (and might even be self-pubbed)?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #205
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Amazon bought out Dorcester and is making good on all pmts due to the authors, from what I've read.

KDP Select is a special division of KDP - it allows authors 5 free days out of 90, the ability to do loans, but guarantees that only Amzon is selling the book. KDP is just the publishing arm for self-pubs and small publishers. All of these will say "sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc."
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #206
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom, Autumn Dawn says on her website "I've mentioned before that Dorchester isn't paying its authors and they've let their last editor go. Since my contract binds me from selling my books with them until they proclaim bankruptcy, I'm going to make lemonade and use When Sparks Fly as free advertising. I'm not seeing a dime from them on paid copies, so be my guest, help yourself to the free version." She says this for both When Sparks Fly and No Words Alone, and links both of those titles to Smashwords. I wonder why those 2 books would be in KDP Select if she can't sell them right now, as well as being available for free at Smashwords when KDP Select is exclusive?

So, I thought these titles were somehow a mistake from when Dorchester was selling them originally or that Montlake is either affiliated with Dorchester or bought out these titles from Dorchester? I haven't checked up on all the shenanigans with Dorchester recently, I should probably check up on all that.

Are all titles that say "sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.", KDP Select? What do titles say that are sold at Amazon but are not KDP Select (and might even be self-pubbed)?
Good questions. Amazon bought the books through Dorchester. They are now being sold through the Montlake Imprint. The author self published the tiles earlier this year. It's up to her to either get her rights back which Amazon is offering the previous Dorchester authors or to stay on with them and get paid. Right now Amazon owns the rights to the two books unless the author got her rights reverted back to her.

KDP are books that are self published and usually they have no DRM. Where it says Publisher there will either be a small publisher's name or none at all. It will say Unlimited usage and Lending enabled as well.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #207
kg3
Guru

Blossom, thanks for the info., I guess 3 things are happening simultaneously on those two Autumn Dawn titles (Free at Smashwords by her, sold by Amazon through Montlake, and also KDP Select at Amazon). They all seem kind of mutually exclusive and shouldn't be happening all at once!

As far as the KDP Select thing goes, a title (self-pubbed or previously published and the author has the rights) that's available at other sites is just KDP and ones that are only at Amazon are KDP Select? Do you know of a way to tell the difference between KDP or KDP Select in the description of a title at Amazon? It would be nice if I knew whether or not to look for a title at other sites ahead of time. I don't check other sites too often (only when I have the time or inclination), but I'd like to know ahead of time if it's worth checking.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #208
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom, thanks for the info., I guess 3 things are happening simultaneously on those two Autumn Dawn titles (Free at Smashwords by her, sold by Amazon through Montlake, and also KDP Select at Amazon). They all seem kind of mutually exclusive and shouldn't be happening all at once!

As far as the KDP Select thing goes, a title (self-pubbed or previously published and the author has the rights) that's available at other sites is just KDP and ones that are only at Amazon are KDP Select? Do you know of a way to tell the difference between KDP or KDP Select in the description of a title at Amazon? It would be nice if I knew whether or not to look for a title at other sites ahead of time. I don't check other sites too often (only when I have the time or inclination), but I'd like to know ahead of time if it's worth checking.
KDP Select will have a Prime logo by the price. These will not be available anyone else. KDP will not have this and can be published at other estores like Smashwords, Nook or Kobo.

My guess is someone reported the price to Amazon. They don't always follow up to Smashwords price reporting. They are not Select so she can do whatever she wishes, however she needs to get into touch with Montlake and figure out if she wants to stay or have them remove their versions.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #209
kg3
Guru

Thanks again Blossom, now I'll know what's KDP Select vs. KDP.
I guess I should have figured it out sooner or researched it better.

This has all been new to me since I joined MR in June. There's a lot of info. about all aspects of ebooks, and related, to process and learn. I'm only at a basic level using calibre and the additional "special" plug-ins and have a ton more to learn/figure out (when I carve out the additional time, etc.).
Old 09-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #210
kg3
Guru

koland, I just saw your post, thanks for your info. too!