Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
midders
midders began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
BUG: Update changes installation folder without asking

Hi there

Just thought I'd let you know; I've just upgraded from 0.6.42 to 0.6.43 and the update changed my installation path from "d:\apps" to "C:\Program Files" without asking, or any way of preventing it. (Windows XP SP3)

I'm going to fix this by uninstalling and re-installing, but it would be a pain to have to do this everytime an update is released.

Thanks for a great bit of software, by the way.

Slainte

midders
midders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah the installer doesn't remember your last used install folder. I found it too difficult to convince windows installer to do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by midders View Post
Just thought I'd let you know; I've just upgraded from 0.6.42 to 0.6.43 and the update changed my installation path from "d:\apps" to "C:\Program Files" without asking, or any way of preventing it. (Windows XP SP3)

I'm going to fix this by uninstalling and re-installing, but it would be a pain to have to do this everytime an update is released.
When you do reinstall it just click on the advanced button on the Calibre licensing screen. This will bring up a destination folder screen. If we could just remove the install button and rename the advanced button - install everyone would be happy, but this is the way Kovid chose to implement it.

After accidentally forgetting on more then one occasion I finally gave up and let it install where it wants to. It is not that big and the Calibre Library never moves from where I set it. Calibre is a great program and installing it in a custom destination folder is there for us to use. I was just too weak...

Welcome to MobileRead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_license_agreement.png
Views:	273
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	46689   Click image for larger version

Name:	destination_folder.png
Views:	246
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	46690  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-27-2010 at 11:10 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
After accidentally forgetting on more then one occasion ...
I'm in that boat, too. I haven't quite given up, but I may eventually. I have a lot of custom batch files for development that refer to my preferred, non-default location, so I've got an incentive to keep fixing it when I forget, but it's awfully easy to hit the wrong button.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote