Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Lost books on Calibre

I hope someone can help, please. I have just downloaded a book, which opened Calibre, only to find that that is the only book in the library. where have the 40 or so others books disappeared to? Can I get them back? Can I connect my ebook to the computer or will I lose everything?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bump. Just in case someone can help a klutz.
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Where does calibre say your library is located? Look at the first screen of Preferences. Do you have it stored on an external drive? Has the drive letter changed?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Panda Rose
Zealot

Fabulous. Starson17. That was it!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
Great!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
Panda
If you are using an external drive, there are steps to take to force the same letter to be used every time.

Assuming Windows, since Drive Letter applies
I suggest that you uniquely Label your drive.
You can change the Drive Label from within "My Computer"
Right click on the Drive. Select properties. Change the name in the box next to the Drive Picture.
Save

To lock the Letter:
(Do NOT change the Letter of C:, or other boot required drives)
Right click on My Computer Icon
Select: Manage
Within "Computer Management"
Select Disk Management
Locate you drive (and partition) in the list (you should see your label)
Right click on the (labeled) partition
Select "change drive letter and paths"
Click the change button

set both letters to read the same value . Caution: Pick a unused letter way higher than normal usage would use I suggest use of a letter at or around "L"
OK
Reboot will be required
Adjust the library location letter within Calibre

BTW I did the same trick with My Astak Pocket Pro, so it always gets "P and Q" drive letters, no matter which USB socket I use.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote