Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
absinth
absinth began at the beginning.

Device: none
Periodicals on the PRS-505 - Econmist, WSJ, Time etc...

I am planning to buy a PRS-505 as I have to keep up with the latest in various periodicals.

My typical usage profile would be syncing the PRS-505 using Calibre daily with a set of newspapers and magazines obtained online.

Do many people use it for this purpose? How do diagrams, figures and graphs look?

How do you find it in comparison to using the unit for larger fiction/non-fiction books?
absinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
furrycute
furrycute began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
I know there are newspaper/journal subscription services for the Kindle. But are there similar subscription services for the Sony readers?
furrycute is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Tuna
Zealot
Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-ER
If you have Calibre, you can see how the images, graphs and so on look by running the Calibre viewer on your PC. The greyscale screen on the Sony is pretty good at images - better than standard black and white newspapers, but obviously not as detailed as a full colour screen.

Reading periodicals on the Sony is a pretty good experience, but depends hugely on the source. Some web sites convert better than others, have better TOCs and story summaries. Try out the ones you're interested in Calibre and you'll get the idea.
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote