Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #16
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
You've all convinced me - good Christmas present - and a very cheap cover + light for me, and the 350....
It's very excited about it.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've just received shipping notification for the Opus, with cover to follow later.
My Opus has arrived. It looks great (I had a peek) but I don't get to play with it for another six weeks.... it's going to be my Xmas present!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #18
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
My Opus has arrived. It looks great (I had a peek) but I don't get to play with it for another six weeks.... it's going to be my Xmas present!
Congratulations when I bought mine a year ago little did I know how wholeheartedly I will like it. There are very very few things - objects in my life that I love and Opus is one of them. I wish mine was a different color - I would love to have a black one. Anyway recently I thought long and hard about it and I am going to learn to accept the color. I will not buy a new black Opus nor the Odyssey for the moment.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:28 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Congratulations when I bought mine a year ago little did I know how wholeheartedly I will like it. There are very very few things - objects in my life that I love and Opus is one of them. I wish mine was a different color - I would love to have a black one. Anyway recently I thought long and hard about it and I am going to learn to accept the color. I will not buy a new black Opus nor the Odyssey for the moment.
I liked my Opus a lot, but, at the time, the firmware was broken big-time; frequent hang-ups on page turns, necessitating a reset (which involves taking the back off the reader to get at the "reset" button), and no support for basic functionality like bookmarks. I believe that these issues have been addressed in subsequent versions of the firmware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #20
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, with the issue of "new" color Opus range in 2010 they apparently fixed everything. I don't want to jinx it so I will type quietly but mine never had any problems. I never even upgraded firmware since I bought it. And I can leave my house without mobile phone but not without my little reader. Bookmarks are still missing though. Not a big deal to me.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I never even upgraded firmware since I bought it.
I will probably be mostly using it with the 1.6 Mobipocket firmware. I hope I like it as much as you like yours!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I will probably be mostly using it with the 1.6 Mobipocket firmware. I hope I like it as much as you like yours!
Yes, the Mobi firmware worked absolutely fine; it was the ePub firmware that had the problems.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #23
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Quote:
I wish you all the best with your new reader. I sincerely hope you will like it, it's a no frills reader but I find it very reliable and useful (knock on wood so I don't jinx it!)

And I'll be happy to know your impressions later on when you start using it. Knowing myself I'd rip it open the minute it arrived
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
My Opus has arrived.
And I've just received notice that my cover has shipped. I must admit I was rather expecting that bit of the order to get cancelled.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #25
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook gen 3, Opus
Yes I just got notification the red cover shipped today, So they must have been on back order, as I have been reading on my Opus for nearly a week now

At least they shipped the important part first, but the black leather look pocket sleeve that comes with the opus is fine

Iam using the epub firmware that came with it loaded and it is fine, as the new books I have recently brought were in Epub no problems.

Iam one happy bunny
anarcHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #26
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look, stop going on about it - I can't open it if I'm giving it to someone for a present.

I shall have to get my neighbour to hide it, and refuse to give it to me until Christmas day - wrapped, and with recipients name on the wrapping !
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #27
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

sowwy I can't shut up although I did NOT post something Opus related in Bookeen forum as it already seems I poke my nose in everytime Opus is mentioned. I deliberately cancelled my song of praise.

Anyway today I had a great idea to cut up the remains of a black Invisible Defenders skin which I peeled off the Kindle and I glued stripes around the pink as a trial version before my dark burlwood decal skin arrives. Hey I have a fine and dandy black Opus too in sand cover + money saved
Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #28
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
For those of you who've ordered this at such a fantastic deal, which carrier delivers it?
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #29
carpetmojo
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traye View Post
For those of you who've ordered this at such a fantastic deal, which carrier delivers it?
Me = Yodel (well, that's what it looked like, but the spelling seems unlikely ?)

Arrived in 4 days with cover in seperate parcel.

Very pleasant chap, very tidy looking van - unlike some "agency" deliverers one gets on occasion !
Old 11-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Yes, delivered by Yodel here too.

Tags
bookeen, opus