Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #46
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Out of interest, how did you get your IQ back? Last I heard, it was clicking.

You are much braver than I am.
I have just reflashed the firmware. As I thought, the problem were the files that were for 2.1 instead of 2.0.

There is not much you can do to actually brick your device... as long as it is just the software, of course.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #47
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
I have just reflashed the firmware. As I thought, the problem were the files that were for 2.1 instead of 2.0.

There is not much you can do to actually brick your device... as long as it is just the software, of course.
I thought it was a difficult, convoluted process.

This is my first Android device and I'm taking it easy. I used to do these type of stuff with my winmobile device a few years ago.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #48
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I thought it was a difficult, convoluted process.

This is my first Android device and I'm taking it easy. I used to do these type of stuff with my winmobile device a few years ago.
You just to understand ADB and what you can do with it. If you know Linux than you can get your way around Android.

First Android device here as well. I usually like to mod the electronic stuff I buy and love to research and work my way around.

Finally, do not try the PDN method to get Market as well. It seems the problem is the Framework.jar mod. I guess we will have to find another way.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #49
Icewyng
Addict

Hold on tight everyone... I *THINK* i might have market access soon... I am doing some good progress. Stay tuned!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #50
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Hold on tight everyone... I *THINK* i might have market access soon... I am doing some good progress. Stay tuned!
great news! looking forward as to how you've done it!
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #51
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I must be doing something wrong. I have enabled USB debugging and installed z4. I've run z4 several times, and it gets as far as running exploit, attempting to apply root, and then it spontaneously reboots the IQ. I can't seem to actually do anything with z4. What am I missing?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #52
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Try to put it in debug mode while you have it connected to the computer (don't mount the IQ, just connect it). The debug mode is signalized with a red triangle on the status bar.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #53
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I must be doing something wrong. I have enabled USB debugging and installed z4. I've run z4 several times, and it gets as far as running exploit, attempting to apply root, and then it spontaneously reboots the IQ. I can't seem to actually do anything with z4. What am I missing?
You aren't missing anything. Z4root installs the superuser apk which grants other apps, like root explorer, root access.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #54
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I tried to run Ad Free, but it says it can't get root.So then I tried root explorer and it can't get root either. I started z4 and let it reboot, and tried root explorer several times since it says the first time might not work. Still no luck. USB debugging is checked and connected. Or at least the triangle is black and the dragdown says it's connected.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #55
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
great news! looking forward as to how you've done it!
I think I am getting closer... I can start the Google services but I am stuck at the "Welcome to Android" splash screen (the one from the Dev Phone in the emulator. I feel it is a good sign since I can at least start the services

Cross your fingers!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #56
amtoboyek
amtoboyek began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Keep up the good work Icewyng!

I really appreciate your work on this!
amtoboyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #57
Piosys
Piosys began at the beginning.

I installed LauncherPro & Z4root trying to root my IQ and now I have no Wi-Fi. When I turn on Wi-Fi and try to search for available wireless access points I get " unable to scan for networks". Any help out there?

Piosys
Piosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #58
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piosys View Post
I installed LauncherPro & Z4root trying to root my IQ and now I have no Wi-Fi. When I turn on Wi-Fi and try to search for available wireless access points I get " unable to scan for networks". Any help out there?

Piosys
Easier to use the repack. Just flash and you are rooted.

See here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116736

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #59
Piosys
Piosys began at the beginning.

Where's my Wi-Fi?

Lost Wi-Fi after LauncherPro install. How do I get it back? I get " unable to scan for networks". Any help out there?

Piosys
Piosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #60
symonray
symonray began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701, Pocketbook 360, JetBook, JetBook Lite and Kindle 3
Hello. I have rooted my IQ per the instructions. However, when I attempt to use root explorer and delete the sudoku app and the various ringtones, I get a warning message stating that the files are "read only" and cannot be deleted. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? Thanks for any help.
symonray is offline   Reply With Quote