Notices

Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
friendly
Banned
friendly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / iPad
Gift Cards

Hi there,
some weeks ago Alexander mentioned the possibility to buy gift cards at Borders. Does anyone know, if that’s the case and can anyone tell me how it works?
I’m from Germany and so it might be a way to buy books from Connect.

Could it work like this? Someone buys a gift card at a borders store and sends me the code via Email. Would that be possible way, if I knew someone in the US?

I am grateful for some information. Thanks!
Friedhelm

Last edited by friendly; 02-27-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: readability
friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
Lin
Lin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
If you know someone who can buy Gift Cards for you, they would just have to scratch the sticker on the back of the cards, and e-mail you the two sets of numbers. If they have a scanner, they could also scan the back of the cards for you (after peeling the stickers) and e-mail you the scans. That way, they can avoid having to type all those numbers.

From what I've read in other posts, not all Borders stores carry the Sony Connect cards. The Borders in the airports will most likely carry them. I've purchased mine in the airport and at a Borders store in a mall.
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2007, 01:16 AM   #3
_darius
Enthusiast
_darius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Ask Leaping Gnome

check:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7988

He's really trustworthy, i got my reader from him!

_darius
_darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
You can buy giftcards online on the Connect software if you are in the US. They send you a giftcode via email that you can then give to another Connect store user for them to add credit to their account. I have done this for many of our non-US members via a paypal exchange. If you are interested in this please send me a PM and I would be happy to faciliate a giftcode exchange for you.

For the original question my local Borders carries the Reader, but not the gift cards, not sure how widespread they are.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
friendly
Banned
friendly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / iPad
Hi Leaping Gnome,
that is a very friendly offer. Let me just think about it a day or two, before I make a decision. I have found a thread where you have already helped other members of the forum. Indeed very kind of you.
Friedhelm
friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert