Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
100 books storage format?

Hi

I am currently working on an updated driver for Calibre to better support the Kobo. Currently it can list all the books on the device both the 100 free shortcover books and the ePub and PDFS that you load on manually.

I plan to add the ability to delete and I would like to add the ability to export/view the books.

Does anyone know what format they are in the database (FormatedPage in the shotcover_page table)? I am assuming that they are encoded but with what and what is the format.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
darkadept
darkadept began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

I am currently working on an updated driver for Calibre to better support the Kobo. Currently it can list all the books on the device both the 100 free shortcover books and the ePub and PDFS that you load on manually.

I plan to add the ability to delete and I would like to add the ability to export/view the books.

Does anyone know what format they are in the database (FormatedPage in the shotcover_page table)? I am assuming that they are encoded but with what and what is the format.

Tim
I would think it's the same as a DRM'd epub just pulled apart and stored in the database as sections. I can't confirm this yet but that was my first idea.
darkadept is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

Woohoo! Sounds like fun!
corona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo calibre database