Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
per
per began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Iliad with or without wifi

I recently bought a Iliad book edition, but I have started to wonder if I should return it and get the wifi edition.

Do you use wifi (what do you use it for) ?
Are there any services to update books and news online (from Norway) ?
Are the batterylife for reading the same for both versions ?

per
per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

I do not have an Iliad, but I think you should better save the difference in price and keep the version you already have.
You can always, easily, get your content from any computer connected to the net… hell I can buy and download eBooks with my pocketpc phone edition if I want!

Good reading
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have not found the WiFi to be very useful. Web browsing, for example, isn't ready for prime time (in part because the software stack does not support modern browsers). If you have a particular application that is confirmed to work with WiFi then switching may be worthwhile, otherwise not.

The WiFi is power hungry, but it is off by default. So the battery life for ebook reading is the same.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When I had my iLiad I never once used the WiFi.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote