Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Who plans to see the movie SHUTTER ISLAND?

I loved the book and can't wait to see the film. The trailer looks true to the book, at least the way I imagined characters, setting and mood.

http://www.shutterisland.com/
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'd never heard of it before but that looks good!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'd never heard of it before but that looks good!
I really recommend the book by Dennis Lehane - hope the filmmakers do it justice!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Beacham View Post
I really recommend the book by Dennis Lehane - hope the filmmakers do it justice!
I added it to my wish list. I promised myself that this year, I would read more of the content I already own before buying something new (unless there is a really good deal on the price).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
What is it about?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Haven't heard of it before. But it looks very intriguing.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Never heard of it too. But I am really interested in it. Some big names in the movie too.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks for the trailer link, TC. It looks pretty darned good. Of course, it won't arrive here in France for ages. They're still taking bets on who shot JR. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Beacham View Post
I loved the book and can't wait to see the film. The trailer looks true to the book, at least the way I imagined characters, setting and mood.

http://www.shutterisland.com/
I haven't read the novel, but I have read the screenplay for this, and if the screenplay is anything to go by, this will be a fantastic film. It's on my must-watch list for this year.

Last edited by Moejoe; 01-16-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

Saw SHUTTER ISLAND last weekend and really liked it - they stayed very close to the book until the final moment, when a single line of added dialogue created a big change. Seems as if they wanted to end it on a less depressing note. If you saw it, what do you think about Teddy's final line?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This movie worth the money to go watch it?
Old 04-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #12
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
This movie worth the money to go watch it?
Shutter Island

Yes, it is excellent! Best movie I have seen this year so far. Plenty of psychological twists. Kept me wondering what is the actual level of reality within the context of the story. I found it kept me interested and curious as the film developed. Also great setting and location shots. A substantially complex and well produced film. I saw it at the cinema and also intend to watch it again when I get a copy of it.

Quote:
It's 1954, and up-and-coming U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels is assigned to investigate the disappearance of a patient from Boston's Shutter Island Ashecliffe Hospital. He's been pushing for an assignment on the island for personal reasons, but before long he wonders whether he hasn't been brought there as part of a twisted plot by hospital doctors whose radical treatments range from unethical to illegal to downright sinister. Teddy's shrewd investigating skills soon provide a promising lead, but the hospital refuses him access to records he suspects would break the case wide open. As a hurricane cuts off communication with the mainland, more dangerous criminals "escape" in the confusion, and the puzzling, improbable clues multiply, Teddy begins to doubt everything - his memory, his partner, even his own sanity.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #13
garbanzo
bean
garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Nova 2
it was awful! the trailer made it look so good. i actually fell asleep. i normally enjoy psychological thrillers, but this one bored me. the erratic cinematography made it painful to watch, and the plot was incredibly predictable. my wife forced herself to finish watching, but she didn't have anything positive to say about it either, and she's the one who was begging me to watch it with her...
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned

Well I may go see it since it will be the 2nd movie and free for me to watch. The local drive through is playing

She's Out of My League
Shutter Island

5 bucks to see them both.

Would be kind of weird going to the drive through without my wife.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:37 AM   #15
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
I didn't like the movie. The story is not original and special effects seemed more important than the story itself. Also I guessed very soon what is happening. I prefer TV series and miniseries (The Prisoner is great for example).
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote