Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Is this possible?

I've had my K2 for a few weeks now and I'm in the process of loading it with some of the DRM-free books I had for my bebook. On the beBook I was able to put the books in folders by author. (I'm neurotic when it comes to organization) I was just curious if I can do that with the Kindle.

Thanks!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
lack of folders is one of the biggest Kindle complaints. you can organize by alpha/author
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You can use folders; you just can't _see_ them.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I keep the books in folders on my PC and the USB drive I use for back-up storage. I file by source -- where I got the book from in the first place -- rather than author. I don't worry about "organization" on the reader itself since I don't keep that many books on the device.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
My plan wit my K1 was to have a few SD cards so I'd have books separated by subject. 1) text books 2) screenplays 3) novels and periodicals on the flash drive. That's totally negated on the K2, which has no SD card storage:-(
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
My plan wit my K1 was to have a few SD cards so I'd have books separated by subject. 1) text books 2) screenplays 3) novels and periodicals on the flash drive. That's totally negated on the K2, which has no SD card storage:-(
I rummage about in my reading desires too much to do that.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
I didn't say it was practical, it just fulfilled my neurotic tendancies
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote