Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
DonRobodroid
Paper?! Who needs paper?
DonRobodroid began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v2, iPhone 3GS
Mobipocket support?

Now that all you linux cracks are coding the iLiad from scratch , I'd like to know if I'll be able to read all my (unfortunately) DRM'ed mobipocket books under the new shiny OS (extensions).

This would be quite a must-have for me in order to do the switch (whenever it will be ready). So the question is if I should wait impatiently for your (undoubtedly gorgeous) iLiad enhancements or if I can (have to) lean back and use my iLiad "as is" until it kicks the bucket?

Cheers,
- Don [:-]
DonRobodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
While it will be technically possible to include DRM'ed mobipocket support, legally is another issue. I've contacted iRex to see if we'll be allowed to redistribute the software for the mobipocket reader.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
You can remove the DRM protection from your files and read them with FBReader, which is already working on iLiad AFAIK.
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote