Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
gmarnell
gmarnell began at the beginning.

Device: None
Conversion to MOBI not picking up Unicode

Hello

I'm new to calibre and ever so glad that I found it. Alas, I have one little problem. When I convert HTML generated from MS Word to EPUB format, all goes well. However, when I convert the same source to MOBI format, all the Unicode characters in the source are converted to ASCII. (So a prime character becomes the cents character, for example.) I have checked the Look and Feel options and the "Transliterate unicode characters to ASCII" option is not selected. And yet ny Unicode characters are doing just that.

Can anyone help, please.

Thanks

Geoffrey Marnell
Melbourne, Australia
gmarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
wrong thread

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-21-2013 at 03:47 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
conversion, unicode characters