Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
louisfelix
louisfelix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle Fire, Ipad Mini with Retina
Hello everyone from Shropshire

Last edited by louisfelix; 07-29-2015 at 04:59 AM.
louisfelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kevin and welcome (back) to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
hello
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
louisfelix

Hello from Shropshire

Hello everyone,

I used to use MR a few years ago (when Patricia was my route to so many fantastic discoveries and I'm so sad to see she is no longer with us). I had a Sony PRS-505 bought for me for Christmas 2008 and used MR copiously as by far the best source of LRF books. Looking around, nothing much seems to have happened to change that opinion! I've dusted off my Sony and am ready to be entertained. I 'advanced' to an iPad Mini which is fantastic for many, many things but I missed the comfort of my Sony. I tried a Kindle Fire but I missed the comfort of my Sony... One of the major downsides of the iPad was it's accessibility to the world! I've exhausted myself with all the stuff that's out there and now want to sit in a quiet corner with my Sony and read some well proof-read books from MR. Hope everyone is reading something fantastic.

Regards,

Kevin
Old 07-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Kevin and welcome to MobileRead.

Patricia was a wonderful MR member and a great source for eBooks and help choosing what to read. I miss her so.

I had a 505 but had to switch to a T1 when I dropped my old Sony. But I do like the T1
Old 07-29-2015, 05:44 AM   #6
louisfelix

Thumbs up

Hello MickeyC,

Yes, Patricia seemed like a lovely lady. I've gone 'old-school' in dusting off my 505. I don't want it to do anything but store books to read! I don't want access to BBC News where I can read of all the death and destruction in the world. I don't want access to Facebook so I can see selfies of my nieces (!), I don't want access to Twitter so I can have access to the moaning of people who don't know how good they've got it. I just want to read books in complete ignorance of what's going on in the world. Just me and my 505. Hope you have a great day.

Kevin
Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Totally agree about eReaders. My T1 has internet capability but I never use it for that.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote