Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Well, I think a big problem with that is that many (perhaps most) of us are ebook enthusiasts because we've run out of space for physical books. I know I'm at the point where, when I was looking for a new place, I had to check the strength and orientation of the floor joists to ensure they could support my shelves. I doubt if I'm along in that. So, another physical book probably wouldn't appeal to a lot of us.

By the way, am I the only one who sees "powerful" and wonders how much it can pull, and sees "compelling" and wonders if it will make me build models of Devil's Tower? Or am I weird, and everyone else just sees a couple of the favorite words of blurb writers?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #17
Ed_ODell
Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Three Minutes More

Remarkable, highly emotional story eloquently told by a critically injured eleven year old.

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11544 (sample first 5 chapters)

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Minutes-.../dp/B003B3O0JA

Laugh. Cry. Get Angry. Cheer. Reflect.
Ed_ODell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 AM   #18
Ed_ODell
Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Powerful "Three Minutes More" Free on Smashwords

All,

In recognition of the novel's 1500th digital sale (special thanks due the many generous Kindle readers), I am happy to announce a 48 hour special on Smashwords! Please feel free to view and sample the book here:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11544

If you find it a worthy read, please use coupon code ED74S to receive your complimentary copy!

"Three Minutes More" is a compelling, powerful and sometimes alarming novel. Set in mid '70's Appalachia, it is an astonishing story as told by eleven year old Michael Steven.

Michael's already troubled young life has taken a sudden, dramatic turn. Severely injured, he will need a miracle if he is to survive the night.

Reflecting on the evening's horrific events, wondering if could have altered them in any way, his thoughts begin to drift. Before long, he is contemplating his remarkable life, his dysfunctional family, and the possibility that he may have to soon answer for his life to God.

In recalling some of the most amusing, bizarre, distressing and disturbing times of his life, he comes to understand "the monster you know is easier to deal with than the monster you don't."

Will he get the miracle he needs, and make it until morning? If he does make it, will he finally find peace?

His life a seemingly endless paradox, Mike has been hardened in living many unsettling experiences, yet still views the world through the eyes of an innocent eleven year old.

Laugh. Cry. Get Angry. Cheer. Reflect.

Respectfully,

Ed O'Dell

"This is how you should feel after reading a book. It's perfect, appalling, heart-breaking, disgusting, raw. If I could I would give this author a standing ovation." - The Book Journal.

"I am amazed to find such talent - not raw, but fully developed - in a first novel." - RedAdept Reviews.
Ed_ODell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abuse, death, god, murder, neglect