Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
coaver
coaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kindle for Android
Question Library/Multiple Library Back Up

Hi, I need to back up my library/multiple libraries with all mobi file information including series information for moving calibre to a new computer. Is there a post you can point me to that will guide me through this process so that I do not lose any of my files/information?

I am switching from a PC to a MAC.
I have multiple libraries.
All my books are in mobi format for the Kindle 3.
I already have calibre set up to save 3 files for each book (picture, opf, mobi).
Anything else you need to know?

Thanks much!

Jennifer
coaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
coaver
coaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kindle for Android
Thank you very much! I must have missed that the first time around. Its so simple! Very helpful. You made my day.
coaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Is it possible to also move the settings and plugins within Calibre from one PC to another? I just got a new laptop and did all that by hand.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Is it possible to also move the settings and plugins within Calibre from one PC to another? I just got a new laptop and did all that by hand.
The settings are in your user profile folder, in a subfolder called "calibre". Look for that, the exact location will depend on your OS, obviously. Copy that folder to the corresponding location (inside the profile folder, yadda yadda...) on the new computer. Calibre should then use those settings.
In theory, this should copy the plugins as well, however, I seem to remember reading that (certain?) plugins need to be reinstalled instead of just being copied over. Someone more knowledgeable will have to confirm this.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks. I thought about trying that, but only after I finished setting everything and adding all the plugins. I did it a few weeks ago on a new desktop too, so I remembered everything I needed.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote