Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Unhappy DjVu Help Needed!

Could somebody please review DjVu Reader here? I am already waiting for my iPad 2 to ship but today I went to Best Buy and checked out both iPad 2 and Motorola Xoom. Now I am having second thoughts and I'm thinking of cancelling the order. To be honest DjVu handling is the only thing that matters to me and taking that Xoom has twice the RAM of iPad 2 I was thinking that perhaps further development of VuDroid would make the Xoom choice reasonable. I checked the touch response and both devices are pretty much on the same level from that perspective; but Xoom significantly weighs more in hands.

Would somebody please check this app and see how (fast) it renders the pages (and the next page:caching); I don't own an iOS device anymore..
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
mlstein
Enthusiast
mlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it is

Device: iPad (one)
Stanza has DjVu support, has great reviews, and is free. I'd check it out for you but I have the first gen iPad and my results would not be a good guide.
mlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstein View Post
Stanza has DjVu support, has great reviews, and is free. I'd check it out for you but I have the first gen iPad and my results would not be a good guide.
Thank you for the input; but Stanza -as I have read- needs to convert DjVu files to PDF first and moreover I have read that porting the files takes a long time. So it's essentially not a native DjVu reader. I know one or two other native DjVu readers on iTunes but they've got many negative reviews. I would have gone with iPad 2 if I knew there is a reliable multi-page TIFF reader; but that I'm not sure about either.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote