Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #46
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
@Dvalin21: MKV support is coming soon. It plays MP4 files, but I haven't tested RM or RMVB. I don't think RM would be a problem as long as you find a player that supports it. I'll see if I can find something to test this with today.
http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/dl/tcpmp.html

can try, it's using CE windowing...

btw haali is the same guy involved in tcpmp/coreplayer/haali splitter/haali reader
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #47
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
oh and pocketxpdf. free and "reflow" (view text)
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #48
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
To Nation.A.list, Serwei, and Coldsun thanks for all the post. All the info your providing is helping me out alot on my decision on which to purchase. And Coldsun I look forward to the results of your test . I have another question, just want to make sure to clear. Now for BOTH the V7 and the W1060, the WLAN 802.11 is internal, not requiring a dongle correct? Also I know for the V7 it requires a dongle for the 3G connection, which it is able to pick up EVDO and WCDMA. Would have to get a subscription with a carrier that will allow me to pick up there signal? The only two carriers that I know of in the states are Sprint and Verizon that uses these connections. Anything else like Tmobile or ATT uses GSM networks. Thanks again.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #49
celtica96
Zealot
celtica96 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, SmartQ 5 & 7, Mirus CT9W7
@Dvalin21

The V7 has internal 802.11b/g and Bluetooth.

The 3G dongle is not something I've used but you need a carrier subscription to access the carrier's network.

Be sure to have your supplier confirm that the dongle is compatible with the network to which you want to connect.

If the supplier is uncertain, try to get the frequencies and match them up with the ones used by your carrier. Also, try to get a money-back guarantee.
celtica96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #50
Dvalin21
Zealot

Thanks Celtica,

Now I'm assuming that its the same for the W1060? Also on their website it shows 802.11b/g/n, is this correct?
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #51
Dvalin21
Zealot

Also to Serwei,

Thanks alot for the link! Either way if it picks it up through its firmware or not I know that I will be able to install the codecs! Here is a copy of the text for the website to give everyone a quick idea of what support this application provides: http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/dl/tcpmp.html

TCPMP

The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP) is a software media player supporting operating systems including Windows, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Smartphone, Palm OS and Symbian OS.

TCPMP supports many audio, video, and image formats, including AC3, HE-AAC, AMR, DivX, FLAC, H.263, H.264, JPEG, Monkey's Audio, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MP2, MP3, Musepack, MS-MPEG4-v3, PNG, Speex, TIFF, TTA, Vorbis, WAV, WavPack and XviD. It supports many container formats, including 3GP, ASF, AVI, Matroska, MPEG, OGG, OGM and QuickTime. Some formats, such as H.264, require a plugin, which may hamper performance.

TCPMP began as an open source player for Windows CE and Windows Mobile called Betaplayer. In 2005 the development team ported it to the Palm OS, Windows and Symbian operating systems.

CoreCode make available a free software version, under the GNU General Public License and plan to make available a proprietary OEM version of CorePlayer. Licensable proprietary components like the directshow H.264 video codec CoreAVC are now available.

TCPMP also has hardware accelerated playback for ATI and Intel 2700g mobiles, such as the Tapwave Zodiac and Dell Axim X50v.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #52
celtica96
Zealot
celtica96 began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, SmartQ 5 & 7, Mirus CT9W7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvalin21 View Post
Thanks Celtica,

Now I'm assuming that its the same for the W1060? Also on their website it shows 802.11b/g/n, is this correct?
Yes, the Wirelession site indicates 802.11b/g/n but I don't see any mention of a dongle accessory for 3G.

I would urge caution about buying this device before confirming it will do what you want.

ColdSun may have more detail because he has worked with the device.

Kathy6699 may be another source for definitive information.
celtica96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #53
Dvalin21
Zealot

Thanks Celtica,

I appreciate the info, and by the way, I know my profile says Ok, I also am from the TEXAS!!, lol. Military keeps my traveling
Old 12-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #54
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvalin21 View Post
Thanks Celtica,

I appreciate the info, and by the way, I know my profile says Ok, I also am from the TEXAS!!, lol. Military keeps my traveling
Are you near Ft Hood? I am retired Army living here in Harker Heights.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #55
Dvalin21
Zealot

@imaredr

No, I'm from Longview, thats an hour and half away from Dallas/East of Dallas. I'm active duty Navy
Old 12-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #56
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I'm retired Army living in Phoenix.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #57
Ndiddly
Ndiddly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Has anyone been able to play real money poker on this device (either through no-download tables or software installed)? Does this have capabilities to remotely access your pc desktop?

cheers

Nick
Ndiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #58
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
@Ndiddly: I'll see what I can do with this during the weekend. My guess is if it is a flash-driven site for poker it may not work. In fact, you might want something like a Netbook. On the other hand, there is a remote access application that works on WinCE. I'll see if I can find that too.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #59
Ndiddly
Ndiddly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks Coldsun.

Well fingers crossed on both. not sure, but i think some may run on java such as this one for poker stars. http://www.partypoker.com/anywhere

thanks again!
Ndiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:51 AM   #60
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
I'm more interested if facebook apps can work on the thing...
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote