Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-01-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Best font for PDF e-books ?

What font do readers prefer?

I have recently discovered "Bembo" which I really like. I downloaded if for free here:

http://communications.uwo.ca/comms/g.../downloads.htm

There are Windows and Mac versions.

I believe it is a commercial type 1 font and other font sites are charging for it so I suspect I got lucky getting it for free.

I am experimenting with my e-books whilst waiting for my iLiad.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I personally like the font "Georgia". Nice to read serif font.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I like the font "Book Antiqua" [a serif font]. For LaTeX documents I use a derivate of this too. In Opera I set this font as "normal font".

I do not prefer "Times New Roman" -which is standard font in M$ World.

Last edited by yokos; 08-01-2006 at 08:13 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I have created some A5 PDF's with various fonts and my favourites are:

1) Bembo
2) Paletino
3) Book Antiqua

Least favourite:
4) Times New Roman
5) Georgia

There is hardly any difference between Paletino and Book Antiqua except that Paletino gives slightly larger line spacing which I prefer.

This experiment has only been done by viewing on my pc and printing out on my inkjet. I may find that my preferences change when I actually view them on an iLiad.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
Henry Loenwind
Enthusiast
Henry Loenwind is on a distinguished road

I'm using Leamington in 14pt. Looks bad on the screen but very nice on the iLiad...
Henry Loenwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Verdana in 10 point.
A clean, crisp font thats easy to read for old farts like me.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #7
paifu
paifu began at the beginning.

Device: PC

For me the best font for reading ebooks is PT Serif, this font is always readible in large or tiny size and is also free on Google WebFont. Comming with a real Italic and Bold.

I use Calibre with those settings :
Serif font : PT Serif
Sans font: PT Sans
Monospace font : New Courrier
paifu is offline   Reply With Quote