Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2024, 08:08 AM   #1
aspookedfox
aspookedfox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Calibre: Error communicating with Kobo

Hello everyone,

So today I connected my Kobo to my Calibre to send a new book but I haven't connected in a long time so it prompted me to update Calibre and plugins such as KoboTouchExtended and Kobo Utilities.

I connected my Kobo Forma and it gets device information and set library information correctly but fails getting list of books on device and gives this error:
calibre, version 7.5.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 558, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2028, in books
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

I disconnected it from my PC and it imported the new book I sent but now many of the books I had read appear as unread and I still can't see what books I have on calibre.

Hopefuly someone can help me, I do not understand well enough of Calibre to solve it myself.
aspookedfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 08:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-touch-glo-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2024, 09:23 AM   #3
aspookedfox
aspookedfox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I logged out and logged in again and it worked, thanks.
Unfortunately I lost all my reading progress and anotations, I'll make sure to keep updates from now on with Kobo Utilities.

It also messed up all my covers size since that was being handled by KoboTouchExtended, do you know a way to refresh them ?
aspookedfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:04 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspookedfox View Post
I logged out and logged in again and it worked, thanks.
Unfortunately I lost all my reading progress and anotations, I'll make sure to keep updates from now on with Kobo Utilities.

It also messed up all my covers size since that was being handled by KoboTouchExtended, do you know a way to refresh them ?
Right click the Kobo Utilities Icon:
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote