Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-12-2022, 02:34 AM   #136
VeganGamer
VeganGamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite Signature Edition
I should clarify - The jobs are all marking as "successfully sent" on Calibre's end. So, I guess they're being rejected by Amazon for some reason? (Even though the e-mail is added as approved?)
VeganGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:24 AM   #137
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
covers not showing up is simply amazon trying to dissuade you from side-loading, so you give them more money. Use a USB cable, you will have much better results.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2022, 12:06 PM   #138
d56alpine
d56alpine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
GMX email

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganGamer View Post
DNSB - thanks a lot for the help! I figured out half the process, but still hitting a snag. Yes, I downloaded GMX, and then enabled POP3/IMAP (thanks for that reminder). The test e-mail from Calibre via gmx to my normal e-mail went through great.

Then, I added the GMX e-mail address onto the permitted e-mail addresses under my Amazon account. Unfortunately, the files are not arriving on the Kindle from Calibre though (I've tried about 50 files). If I send them from my gmail account directly, they go through right away (but without the covers...). Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Or, am I missing a piece? I'm definitely sending to the correct e-mail address, and the e-mail address is permitted under Amazon...
You will also have to verify through your kindle registered email address for each document. I keep my email open alongside the calibre app when sending by email. Here's an example of what I get: Hi ,

We received a request to send the following document to your Kindle account:
* A Merry Little Meet Cute_ A Novel - Julie Murphy & Sierra Simone.kfx

Click below within 48 hours to verify this request.
d56alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 12:44 PM   #139
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@d56alpine You can't send KFX files via e-mail Just like you can't send AZW3.

And the reason why Amazon sends those verify request e-mails is that you're probably using kindle email address that Amazon considers "unsafe" because it was derived directly from you Amazon account email address:
like name_surname@whatever.com >>> name_surname@kindle.com

Go to amazon.com/myk, login in asked to do that and under Devices edit the email address associated with that Kindle device you want to send books to and add something extra like:

name_surname_mykindle1234@kindle.com

Then in the future use that new Kindle email address (name_surname_mykindle1234@kindle.com) and you shouldn't need to verify.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 05:40 PM   #140
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I just got warned about this and I suppose if Amazon doesn't want to display covers, that's fine with me--I only wish they would have an option to stop displaying thumbnails at all, because it only looks like crap because they insist on displaying them. I want the old list view back with just text but I know it won't happen.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2023, 08:06 PM   #141
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Noticed that the /amazon-cover-bug and /system/thumbnail folders were forever growing (for me, around 3000 entries with only 100-some books currently on the reader) so I submitted an enhancement request to clean them up.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/2026609
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 09:58 AM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Noticed that the /amazon-cover-bug and /system/thumbnail folders were forever growing (for me, around 3000 entries with only 100-some books currently on the reader) so I submitted an enhancement request to clean them up.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/2026609
That has been fixed a while ago. What version of calibre do you use?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 04:37 PM   #143
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That has been fixed a while ago. What version of calibre do you use?
Oh? I'm running 6.22.

You may be mistaken. I can confirm I have "backup" cover thumbnails dating back to 2020 (when the copying workaround feature was implemented) in the folder, representing books long removed from the device.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:58 AM   #144
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Oh? I'm running 6.22.

You may be mistaken. I can confirm I have "backup" cover thumbnails dating back to 2020 (when the copying workaround feature was implemented) in the folder, representing books long removed from the device.
In that case, delete the thumbnails and plug your Kindle back into calibre and see if that directory with thumbnails for just what's on your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:27 PM   #145
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
How can I reproduce the disappearing thumbnail issue? I'd like to test an alternative approach to having to plugin after sync.

So far I have been unable to get thumbnails to disappear.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:50 AM   #146
Latia_9
Latia_9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen (2018)
Post Kindle cover bug with pdf

Hello everyone! I have same problem with kindle, but when i drop pdf books using calibre (v7.7), calibre don't recover book covers for it. Is it possible to recover covers for pdf?
Latia_9 is offline   Reply With Quote