Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #61
maqsudbd
maqsudbd began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
Hi Nate

I have ordered an Airpanel 100 after reading your post and expecting to receive it on early next week.

After reading in the forums www.hpcfactor.com, it seems to me that it is going to be useless for me.

My primary use would be to read pdf documents, browsing internet, remote desktop. Can you please let me know which wi-fi or LAN card will work on airpanel 100 ( I am assuming v4.1 on it) to set up remote desktop ?

In case I could not setup remote desktop, will it be possible to read pdf documents on it as a standalone unit ? How I can store my documents on it ? I guess CF card would do ? Will any CF card would do ?

Thanks and Regards

Maqsud
Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #62
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I don't know which cards will work. I haven't had much luck. Have you seen the HCL over at HPCFactor?
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

As for PDF, I'm very happy with the Airpanel.
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #63
maqsudbd

Hi Nate

Thanks for the link.

How do you read pdf ? Do you read them off CF memory ? Will any CF memory work with Airpanel ?

Regards

Maqsud
Old 02-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any CF card will do. But a better card means better read write times.

And yes, I store everything on a CF card, both files and programs.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #65
maqsudbd

Hi Nate

I have received my airpanel 100. It came with .net 4.1. The pdf reader is OK although some of the pdf don't want to open. It also came with windows media palyer but not enough codec to play files. Do you use any other software on it to play movies ?

Have you ever tried bluetooth on it to pair with mobile to browse Internet ?

Regards

Maqsud
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #66
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Here is where I got my PDF viewer. Scroll down, and look for:
"adobe acrobat reader 2.0 for HPC2000" or
"adobe acrobat reader 2.0 for ce.net 4.1 devices"

You should try both, but the second one is supposed to work for you.

I use TCPMP for a media player. You can find it here. You'll need to change the video setting on the Airpanel becuase the default setting won't work with TCPMP. Don't worry, one of the other two will.

One nice thing about the 4.1 firmware is that it has the drivers for the graphics chip. The 3.0 doesn't have them.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #67
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The evaluation version of Foxit reader for Win CE (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/mobile/winmobile.htm#) installed like a charm on my WebDT 375.

I would give it a try.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #68
LostNewbie
LostNewbie began at the beginning.

Device: Airpanel 100
Hello forum members. I'm a 10000% newbie to this whole mobile reading thing so please bear with me. I purchased an airpanel from ebay and I cannot get anything PDF to work on it. Mine has WIN CE version 4.1 on it. I isntalled mobireader but it would not open PDF files. How can I delete the version of mobireader I have on it now? I cant find an uninstall. All I want to do is use this thing to read my PDF files while I'm traveling or in the bedroom. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #69
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostNewbie View Post
Hello forum members. I'm a 10000% newbie to this whole mobile reading thing so please bear with me. I purchased an airpanel from ebay and I cannot get anything PDF to work on it. Mine has WIN CE version 4.1 on it. I isntalled mobireader but it would not open PDF files. How can I delete the version of mobireader I have on it now? I cant find an uninstall. All I want to do is use this thing to read my PDF files while I'm traveling or in the bedroom. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Here is where I got my PDF viewer. Scroll down and look for "adobe acrobat reader 2.0 for ce.net 4.1 devices".
http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Also, you should read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32551
Old 03-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #70
LostNewbie

Nate thanks for your links. That PDF viewer is the one I downloaded. When I click on the abobe.exe file I get a box on the bottom of the screen that opens that says Liscense Agreement, but thats all it does.

My apolgies again if I am missing something very simple but I am doing a bunch of research and just cant find any answsers.

I do I go about unistalling programs?

Last edited by LostNewbie; 03-20-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #71
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Nate thanks for your links. That PDF viewer is the one I downloaded. When I click on the abobe.exe file I get a box on the bottom of the screen that opens that says Liscense Agreement, but thats all it does.

My apolgies again if I am missing something very simple but I am doing a bunch of research and just cant find any answsers.

I do I go about unistalling programs?
You have to agree to the license first. There are supposed to be yes and no buttons. Perhaps they are off the bottom of the screen.

There is no uninstall utility on the Airpanel. The only way I know to remove programs is to remove the main battery and the backup battery (which is behind the panel on the back).
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #72
LostNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You have to agree to the license first. There are supposed to be yes and no buttons. Perhaps they are off the bottom of the screen.

There is no uninstall utility on the Airpanel. The only way I know to remove programs is to remove the main battery and the backup battery (which is behind the panel on the back).

How do I go about pulling the picture up so I can see the buttons????
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #73
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
How do I go about pulling the picture up so I can see the buttons????
You should be able to click on the window's title bar and drag it.

If that doesn't work, there is a tiny hole on the upper edge of the Airpanel. Insert the tip of the stylus into the hole. This will reboot the Airpanel. After it boots, try to install Adobe again.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #74
LostNewbie

I copied and pasted the files onto the airpanel because the airpanel did not recognize the zip file.

I will try what u just recommended
Old 03-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #75
LostNewbie

I give up on these things... I have 2 of them and cant get em to do what I want. LOL
Closed Thread