Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
eshajan
Enthusiast
eshajan began at the beginning.

Device: franklin ebookman 911
USB driver does not recognize Ebookwise

I use the Ebook USB driver in combination with the EBW Librarian software.
The driver does not recognize the Ebookwise anymore though. I used to doubleclick on the driver and it appeared in the system tray and I then connected the Ebookwise and it was automatically recognized.

Now when I connect the Ebookwise the driver keeps indicating Ebook not connected and I get a generic USB device not recognized message from my PC.

Any solutions?
eshajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshajan View Post
I use the Ebook USB driver in combination with the EBW Librarian software.
The driver does not recognize the Ebookwise anymore though. I used to doubleclick on the driver and it appeared in the system tray and I then connected the Ebookwise and it was automatically recognized.

Now when I connect the Ebookwise the driver keeps indicating Ebook not connected and I get a generic USB device not recognized message from my PC.

Any solutions?
You may have already tried this, so if so, I apologize. But sometimes I have this problem, and what I do is reboot my system leaving the USB cable plugged into the drive. Then when it comes back up, everything works fine.

Worth a shot - if it still doesn't work, I know from personal experience that eBookwise has terrific customer service.
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
eshajan
Enthusiast
eshajan began at the beginning.

Device: franklin ebookman 911
Yes that did the trick Thanks for the tip.
eshajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshajan View Post
Yes that did the trick Thanks for the tip.
Glad to hear that!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote