Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
My result is about 8 seconds, Win7, 6 GB RAM, quad core, using file open into Preview.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #17
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ouch. Twenty-six seconds on my six-year-old XP machine -- Dell's cheapest -- with 2 MB RAM.

(I think I will continue to use the online version!)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What online version?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What online version?
Notjohn was probably referring to this one:

Sigil User Guide 0.7.0
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Oh, gotcha. I thought he was referring to some online version of Sigil. In retrospect, his post makes much more sense with regard to the User Guide.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-01-2013 at 02:49 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
GOGGS75
Enthusiast
GOGGS75 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad mini + Kindle Touch
Hi

My HP PC with 4GB Ram, Vista 64 and quad core processor took 17 seconds to open the Sigil 7.0 use guide using Sigil, File, Open.

I am thinking there is some problem with the CPU at the moment and will keep investigating the problem.
GOGGS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #22
sellew
Enthusiast
sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T2
10 seconds with Windows 7 64-bit, 4GB RAM...
sellew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #23
GOGGS75
Enthusiast
GOGGS75 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad mini + Kindle Touch
I tried uninstalling Sigil 7.0 and re-installed Sigil 6.2 64 bit.

The epub file taking 90 seconds to open with version 7 now opens in 10 seconds. It looks to be the CPU as the task manager shows on the processes window that version 7 is using 100% of the cpu within seconds and then seems to open very slowly with the CPU at 100%. Version 6.2 only reached 98% for about 1 second.

I think I will stick with version 6.2 for now.

Cheers

Goggs75
GOGGS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #24
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Using 6.2 64 bit, the user guide opens in 4 seconds from the file open menu, half the time. I like 7, so I am going to stay with it, but there is a big difference.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
The larger the EPUB and number of files and links between them, the longer it will take to open.
Here is a perfect real life EPUB to test, it has a massive amount of links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?c50vw1fe5sulq0o

In Sigil 0.7.0 it takes brutally long to open (~47 seconds on my Q6600).

In Sigil 0.6.2 it takes ~6 seconds.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 03-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #26
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
10s or the User Guide fon this W7-64 laptop, i7, 4GB. Rather longer if Sigil had not been run before in the same session. The same whether Clean Source was enabled or not.

Another, much longer, epub (a scholarly tome on "Dracula") opened almost instantly. Because it contained few links?

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 03-03-2013 at 08:33 AM.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #27
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Downloaded copy of Sigil_User_Guide_0_7_0.epub

8 sec, Vista 32 bit on Dell XPS420 with 4GB RAM

Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
ubuntu 12.04 linux 3.2.0.39 gnome 3.4.2
memory 2GiB processor Intel® Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz

sigil 0.6.1 17s
sigil 0.7.1 28s
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote