Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #361
askak
Enthusiast
askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle Touch
First al all thanks a lot for trying to help me.
I can't upload the other logs they're too big, although I don't know if they're necessary or not.
askak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #362
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
This may be the significant part (I may have missed a more interesting one):
Code:
121022:144607 blanket[1155]: I loaderEventHandler:MODULE_LOAD_EVENT:module=ota:
121022:144607 blanket[1155]: I lipc:evts:name=moduleLoaded, origin=com.lab126.blanket, fparam=ota:Event sent
121022:144607 lxinit[1089]: I def:main:got loaded module:ota
121022:144607 lipc-send-event[8257]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashInit, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota:Event sent
121022:144607 system: I update:begin:bin=/mnt/us/update_fonthack-1.3.2_install.bin:update started
121022:144607 lipc-send-event[8264]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashProgress, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota, fparam=1:Event sent
121022:144607 system: I update:bundle:bundle=/mnt/us/update_fonthack-1.3.2_install.bin,version=SP01:
121022:144607 blanket[1155]: I x11Handler:X11_EVENT:win=600019,xev_type=12,module=ota:
121022:144608 lipc-send-event[8466]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashProgress, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota, fparam=2:Event sent
121022:144608 winmgr[1154]: I WindowManager:flashTimeoutExpired:window=L:SS_N:dialog_RC:0_FH:F_ID:blanket-ota_FS:F_O:U:
121022:144608 lipc-send-event[8480]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashProgress, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota, fparam=3:Event sent
121022:144608 lipc-send-event[8483]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashProgress, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota, fparam=4:Event sent
121022:144608 EXT3 FS on mmcblk0p1, internal journal
121022:144608 system: D update:process_skip:file=00-fonthack.conf:
121022:144608 system: D update:process_skip:file=99-fonthack.conf:
121022:144608 system: D update:process_skip:file=README.txt:
121022:144608 system: D update:process_skip:file=fonthack.azw2:
121022:144608 system: D update:process_sh:file=run.ffs:
121022:144608 lipc-send-event[8496]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashProgress, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota, fparam=0:Event sent
121022:144608 system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem writeable
121022:144608 lipc-send-event[8511]: I lipc:evts:name=otaSplashError, origin=com.lab126.blanket.ota, fparam=006:Event sent
121022:144608 system: E update:otaup::otaup error (U006), exiting with code: 6
121022:144608 system: E update:process::
121022:144608 init.exe: ota-update main process (8112) terminated with status 6
121022:144613 winmgr[1154]: E lipc:dbuserr:name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:Receive Dbus error message (DBUS_MESSAGE_TYPE_ERROR): The name com.lab126.appmgrd was not provided by any .service files
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #363
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hi @askak

You have a localized kindle? I seem to remember this is a localization issue.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #364
askak
Enthusiast
askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.askak 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Well, I guess bought it from amazon Spain.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #365
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by askak View Post
Well, I guess bought it from amazon Spain.
So is it displaying in Spanish or English?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #366
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmm. well I am simply going on my recollection of what that error meant last time.

each time it pertained to localized devices.

That's as much as I know. perhaps the grown-up developers will have more insight.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #367
askak
Enthusiast

Spanish.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #368
twobob

well, there you go.

My first remote psychic debugging.

okay I had logs.

EDIT: That knc1 parsed

Meh, Credit share available

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure of what the fix for this was??? or even if one was found... Sorry

Last edited by twobob; 10-22-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: the fix?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #369
askak
Enthusiast

Guys, this is driving me crazy!

Well, after visiting another forum and reading that they installed the fonthack before the Jbpatch, I thought that maybe that was the problem, so I uninstalled Jbpatch and installed the Fonthack, and IT WORKED!

But I'm terribly stupid and I thought it wasn't working, (after searching in this thread better I think I was doing it wrong) anyway, I uninstalled to install the Libfreetype hack, MISTAKE! It started again with the 006 error. Then I tried to install the normal font hack, 006 error, Jbpatch... error. Again and again and again.

Well, I thought to uninstall the other hacks. No help, the problem is that I may not uninstall in the right orden, anyway I uninstalled and installed the Jailbreak withouth trouble, usbnet no problem but I got the error with the launcher and obviosly with Jbpatch.

Since I couldn't take it anymore I just factory reset. So I started to install the hacks the way I did it the first time. Jailbreak, usbnet...but when it comes the launcher I got the error: 006 AGAIN!

Obviosly Jbpatch doesn't work either. I'm desperate guys. Sorry to be a pain in the *** but I don't understand anything.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #370
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Guys, this is driving me crazy!
Well, after visiting another forum and reading that they installed the fonthack before the Jbpatch, I thought that maybe that was the problem, so I uninstalled Jbpatch and installed the Fonthack, and IT WORKED!
But I'm terribly stupid and I thought it wasn't working, (after searching in this thread better I think I was doing it wrong) anyway, I uninstalled to install the Libfreetype hack, MISTAKE! It started again with the 006 error. Then I tried to install the normal font hack, 006 error, Jbpatch... error. Again and again and again.
Well, I thought to uninstall the other hacks. No help, the problem is that I may not uninstall in the right orden, anyway I uninstalled and installed the Jailbreak withouth trouble, usbnet no problem but I got the error with the launcher and obviosly with Jbpatch.
Since I couldn't take it anymore I just factory reset. So I started to install the hacks the way I did it the first time. Jailbreak, usbnet...but when it comes the launcher I got the error: 006 AGAIN!
Obviosly Jbpatch doesn't work either. I'm desperate guys. Sorry to be a pain in the *** but I don't understand anything.
If I were you, I would just do a full debrick.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #371
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
If I were you, I would just do a full debrick.
Debricking can be MUCH easier than trying to uninstall a big stack of hacks. It has been used to set things back to "factory fresh" many times now. I too would do as qlob said.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #372
askak
Enthusiast

But I did a factory reset, is not enough? And why those particular hacks?, because with jailbreak and usbnet and kindlet I have no trouble.

I was thinking that maybe some files should be deleted manually or something like that.

A full debrick... sounds dangerous.

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #373
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@askak: Because the factory reset isn't a magical fairy wand . It basically just unregisters the device, and wipe the user content & settings.

Most hacks take root somewhat deeper than that in the system, parts that a factory reset won't ever affect.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #374
askak
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@askak: Because the factory reset isn't a magical fairy wand . It basically just unregisters the device, and wipe the user content & settings.
I thought the factory reset would do more than that.
I'm very afraid of debricking, It seems I'll need a good kindle fairy to help me.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #375
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
I thought the factory reset would do more than that.
I'm very afraid of debricking, It seems I'll need a good kindle fairy to help me.
Debrick FTW! gogogogo!!!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks