Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Gave in and bought a KT....

I gave in today and decided to upgrade my K2 to the KT, this maybe a silly question, but will the folders that are in my K2 be transfered onto the KT? If not, does anyone know what's the easiest way to do it? Also, is there a way to transfer all your purchased books back on to the new Kindle or do I have to do it title by title in the Manage my Kindle on amazon?

Also, I'll be giving my K2 to my best friend and want to keep some of the books I have on there for her. I'll deregister it under my name, but should I keep the books on there and deregister or deregister and then put the books back on?

Thanks!

Kat
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
As long as you put the new Kindle on the account your collections are on, your collections will be on your new Kindle when you sync. With the books you are out of luck, you will need to download them individually. However, they should go right back into the collection(s) you have them in.

When you deregister your K2, all of the books you have on there will remain and be usable, until your friend deletes them, or something happens to the Kindle that requires a factory reset.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert