Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Delicious has been ruined!

I was keeping all my TBR and already read books on Delicious, carefully tagged, and I had a good workflow for everything. They have totally ruined it. Tag bundles are gone, can't see tags within the bookmarklet to add anything, and it's just a nightmare to browse because they show you every tag now, not just the most frequent. I am not confident they can get it workable (for me) again given the huge UI change they seem to be making. I am not sure either that it's worth the time to tag things in Goodreads or Shelfari either. I guess I will just add a 'year read' column to Calibre and stop keeping stuff on-line. And this is the end of the Indie eBook Hall of Fame for me too, I think. Just too much work to get a whole new workflow going. Sigh.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
That's the problem with "the cloud". Your info is purely at the mercy of other companies, and you can't easily get it out.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
A bit of discussion on MetaFilter the first part of this month on the changes and the affect on a large subset of it's users... Slashfic fans. You might try a look at pinboard. A lot of folks, including myself, have moved to it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote